• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mosque owner buys land next to pig farmer, farmer now has weekly pig races

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
60 Mosques in Houston isn't enough so a small group decided to buy 11 acres and build a mosque/community center. That is perfectly fine with me. But what they really want is to push an established farmer off his own land, that is just plain wrong.

The proposed mosque will go up next to an existing hog farm and are telling the farmer he has to sell his family land? The farmer, a Mr Baker responded by holding pig races. You go Mr. Baker! Watch the video, I like how the crew starts laughing when Shepard Smith announced the pig races.

Now I will state this again, I have no problem with them building their place of worship in accordance with whatever zoning/building codes exist, its just the gall of them to ask someone else to move simply to accommodate their wishes. That is rude and wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUr1NxJDC94?rel=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dUr1NxJDC94

mak2

So the Moslem guy buys the land next door, and the pig farmer was offended.......and what was it about the 1.2 million dollars? Faux News. Geeze.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
So the Moslem guy buys the land next door, and the pig farmer was offended.......and what was it about the 1.2 million dollars? Faux News. Geeze.

You left out the part where the mosque builder told the pig farmer (who was already there with his pigs when the muslims bought the property) to move or get rid of the pigs.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Hard to tell if you are being serious or not Mak . You wouldn't be pissed if any one bought the land next to you and asked that you either sell or at least get rid of the thing that makes your living ? :unsure:

I wouldn't care if it was a catholic church and they offered me 10 million bucks to move , I aint about to change my ways or sell just because THEY think its a good idea . :hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hard to tell if you are being serious or not Mak . You wouldn't be pissed if any one bought the land next to you and asked that you either sell or at least get rid of the thing that makes your living ? :unsure:

I wouldn't care if it was a catholic church and they offered me 10 million bucks to move , I aint about to change my ways or sell just because THEY think its a good idea . :hammer:

EXACTLY

Its fine they move in next door.

What is total crap is that after they buy they tell the existing farmer to leave.

But to answer Mak's question, the pig farmer offered to buy the land from the mosque for $1.2 Million. Seems to me that is more than fair. Given that the Mosque owner actually knew the pig farmer was there before buying the land to build the mosque, it seems to me the mosque owner is the one being a total douchebag.

As for Mak's comment about the reporting, he clearly is so biased against the source that he can't even get the facts straight. Had he actually listened to the report he'd have understood all that was now retyped for his behalf.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

I'm confused. Are you talking about Fox News? The #1 Rated news outlet for about the last 10 years. I do watch it at times, but at airports my only choice is CNN. I suppose you call it Communist News Network? Gees! Talk about biased and prejudice!! I thought you were against such things. Oh well, I also didn't think that you believe that everyone who doesn't agree with your religious beliefs are going to hell either.

mak2

Without a doubt and you are exactly right. I would tell them to kiss my ass and beat it. Do you think it would be on a cable TV if I did? exactly my point.

Trakternut

Now, just what would happen if some of Mr. Baker's pigs :whistling: "accidentally" :whistling: got loose and ran around on the mosque property for a while?

Clearly, the ground would be unclean and the mosque owner would be forced to go elsewhere, taking care of the whole problem. :brows:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You would think a couple good old boys could have a pig roast there this weekend. Just leave the trimmings after they are done for the coyotes of course. That pig fat hangs around for a long while.:whistling: