Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Vehicles > Heavy Equipment Forum

Heavy Equipment Forum Trac Hoe, Back Hoe, Dozers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2020, 01:47 PM
Forum Admin

Thanked 25,510 Times in 8,844 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough
Default Excavator operation tips and tricks

I have been excavator shopping for years. First looking and dreaming, getting to know price points as no way I could afford the size I hoped to buy. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Kubota KX033-4 (formerly Kubota KX91 model). It's a 2017 with 530 hours. Well now it has 532 hours as I just spent a couple hours getting to know the machine.

I realize now I sure could use some tips from experienced operators. Good to know stuff that is not so obvious. So far I've dug my first small hole. Trickier than I thought. I filled in a fire pit that is no longer used due to where the shed was built and I've used the blade to level out the gravel in front of the new shed. I found out the rubber tracks do not do so well in mud. I about got stuck. I finally got the right bucket move to help pull me up the hill out of the mud. Again, it was tricky and still not sure I did it the best possible way.

It is fun to operate. I want to be as safe as possible and learn to do things the right way so any pointers on best practices and proper operation would sure be appreciated.
Attached Images

Other Fun Forums:

Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:
FrancSevin (03-12-2020), jim slagle  (03-11-2020)