• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Pricing

northeastheavy

Once your old mines in Minnesota are filled up with snowcats, If you need to store some on the east coast, I am sure I can fit a few my old silver mine. Just a few running ones would be great. Just like the old days.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to the snow cat pricing:

The two most important and expensive parts in a controlled differential snowcat are TRACKS and DIFFERENTIAL

If you would need to put all new cleats on a track new cleats range from 25.00 to over a hundred dollars per cleat on the big cats times at minimum of a 100 for a machine

Then the belts and backers and tire guides the tire guides are the ones that add up fast especially if they are the style that has two per cleat now you have a minimum of two hundred of those per machine and 20-60 ea

Depending on machine a minimum of four belts (except Tucker's and some with snowmobile type tracks )and some more at a minimum of 200.00 belt and up to over a thousand per belt on some.
So with that tracks are expensive but last a long time if taken care of sunlight and weather are there biggest enemy's along with sharp rocks

A complete new set of tracks can run from 7000-35,000 depending on machine

The differential comes in as the next most expensive consideration internal parts
For them if even available are going up for example the Bombardier ring and pinions which used to be 585.00 a set twenty years ago are now2950.00:mellow:
A rebuilt center chunk from the facotory now 10,000 with a 3000 core if you don't have one .

Engines and transmissions comes next rebuilt units if needed for the package 2500-3500

Wheels tires, tire fill bearings, good tires 6-10 ply add up 100ea. And more is common
Tire fill at least 50.00 a tire
Bearings minimum 300-500 machine

Wiring gauges seats
Wiring and Gage's easy couple hundred to 500.00

Seats at least 100.00 for a simple one up to 300-500 for the big cats

Paint body, I once took a cat to body shop because we were way behind a small
Cat like a 1404 imp and when they gave me a price to remove the old paint fix some dents and prime a repaint it was 6000.00 well we did it In house we sold the cat for only 7200.00

When it comes to Tucker's the old style the main thing is track rollers that is the most costly fix. If you could even find them good ones 40/45 ea. times hundreds

The newer hydro cats can be a ton of money not only do you have the tracks to consider but also the hydro pumps and motors can be a nightmare in cost hiding
Just waiting to be a problem. Minimum 10k and up to 40k for repair if the system was trashed

And this is if you do the work and repairs yourself otherwise think higher :wink:

So when you find a good cat for around 10k and the tracks and differential is good it might be a very good deal.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, took a while to read the thread...

As a person that restored a couple of them (some of you got to see the work in person), I can only agree with Marco about the fact that anything and everything is worth only as much as someone willing to pay.

For anyone that invested lots of time into any machine, all is left is hope that there is another crazy enough person to see the same value in your project.

In any case, any project realistically deserves at least a current market value of parts that were put into it... but thats a game that buyer/seller got to play.

I got couple of nibbles on my 1450 here in Cali, time will show if those buyers go through.

Cheers to all! Hope everyone is enjoying the snowy winter...