• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I need a new microwave

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Door on the old quit. It was 13 years old and seen a lot of use so I'm happy with how it held out. It was a Sharp Carousel.

Looking for a new one in the same size (1KW). Mrs. Zoom has been looking and said the GE's are rated high. I'm not big on GE but will bend if that's the best out there.

Any recommendations on one to get (or avoid)?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
We went through the same thing last year with our Sharp Carousel, we replaced it with a GE Sensor micro that also has the turn table. Its worked great for us but I'll have to wait until the wife is home to give the specs and model # ( I cant read them). :smile:

Mama

I don't know what a 1KW microwave is :unsure: but I have a Panasonic Genius counter top model that I have been happy with. It has a turntable and has been working great for 5 or so years now. :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The Sharp I bought her in 1976 was the best one we ever had. Since then we had a Magnavox that liked to blow the ceramic fuse now and then. Then we we had a GE for a few years but after a few years the door release button quit and I drilled a hole in it to open it with a 10 penny nail. She donated it to somebody and bought an Amana but it was a little small. Still have it on the shelf downstairs. Been using a Magic chef for the last 8 years with no problem. Bought a new plastic ring for under the turntable this spring.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a follow-up.

Mrs. Zoom got a Sharp Carousel R-530E. Door seems cheesy but we'll see how it does. Has a little more "zip" as it's 1200W.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
2min. to defrost bacon, 3 min. for cup of soup. What more do you need to know?:yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a hard enough time sneaking midnight snacks with all the beeps when you hit the buttons. Talking would be a dead giveaway.

Speaking of talking, I picked up Mrs. Zoom's iPhone yesterday and the Mrs. started bragging about how it listens to voice commands. I started saying commands but it didn't understand. I ended up saying the voice lady is an idiot. The daughter then took the phone from me and started talking into it. When she was done, she could say "Call the Idiot". It did. My cell phone rang. :(

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I recall a thread where you bought these demon phones for them....:yum::yum: Read the directions. After 3 years I can now delete messages from mine. I read the directions that came with it.:clap:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If all else fails, read directions. All these gadgets come with too many directions. I can't think of what it is right now but I bought something that should be quick and easy to use and the instruction manual was over 120 pages. I stick with pretty basic functions.

If I need help programming a phone or similar, I hand it to one of the kids. I've now learned to give it to the son instead of daughter. At least he doesn't call me an idiot...