• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Skylights

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
As part of my ongoing renovation projects I installed two Velux Skylights today. Relatively easy job. Only needed my bride to stay inside and hand me the skylights and make sure the sheetrock channels lined up with my marks. Went quick and well. Here is a pic.

BTW, the Davis weather station on the right side is NOT crooked. It just looks that way from the perspective. :biggrin:

skylights.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Had similar ones in our old farmhouse. They sure brighten up a room. You will like them as long as you don't leave them open during a thunderstorm.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Had similar ones in our old farmhouse. They sure brighten up a room. You will like them as long as you don't leave them open during a thunderstorm.

:yum: My wife knows how forgetfull I can be. I guess I must have oldtimers disease. :yum: She has warned me about that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Those look good.

I yused to have a side business installing skylights back in the 80's.

Did a lot of them. Only one that ever leaked is on my own house.

figures.

I have one in the box just like those you pictured. I bought it forless that $200 bucks awhile back. Just never got around to putting it in. I think they go for a bit more today.

Once I do, our place will have 7 skylights on the roof.

They really bring in the light. I have two full grown trees inside the house

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Is that weatherstation crooked or what?..............:biggrin:

NO! :yum: I explained that on my first post Bomb! Cell phone lens does a little fish eye I guess. Notice the ridge line curves up too which it does not do in real life. I built it!! Dammit I might be an asshole but this asshole can read a level.:yum::yum::yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
NO! :yum: I explained that on my first post Bomb! Cell phone lens does a little fish eye I guess. Notice the ridge line curves up too which it does not do in real life. I built it!! Dammit I might be an asshole but this asshole can read a level.:yum::yum::yum:

But apparently he cannot hold a camera,,,,level.

couldn't resist Butch

Go ahead,,,,,,,Que up another one.