• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Built the shelf and forgot about it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Under my pool deck I took a cutoff of a Trex board and screwed it up for a shelf for vaseline and the chemical test kit. When I drained the pool and filter last fall I put the plug for the filter up on that shelf. And promptly forgot about it.:whistling: After getting a new one while picking up the sand the other day I still did not remember where I put it. While getting things ready to hook the filter up I reached for the vaseline and there was the plug.:hammer::hammer:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was my 12mm timsert kit there?
I cant find it and was ready to blame my grandson.
But if its on your shelf it wasn't him.
Because it sure wasn't me forgetting were I put it!:yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I been looking for that drain plug for 2 weeks now. Finally said screw and got a new one at the pool place while I was there. Have you seen my air chisel? I need to cut out a new burn barrel in the worst way.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I been looking for that drain plug for 2 weeks now. Finally said screw and got a new one at the pool place while I was there. Have you seen my air chisel? I need to cut out a new burn barrel in the worst way.

I use an ax and a sledge on drums

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use a Sawzall with long blade to remove the lid. A pick-axe to put holes in the sides.

Oh, and if the contents were flammable, don't forget to burn it out first. I use rolled up paper and plug the hole (like a molotov cocktail) and once it burns down a bit, it falls in the drum.