• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS 1956 443 and 1950 423 Tucker Sno-Cat®

Sno-CatCool

1956 runs needs a little TLC $13,500.00
1950 over all this is a great Sno-Cat® $17,000.00
For more info or pictures contact Tucker Sno-Cat® 541-779-3731
:brows:

Attachments

• DSC02794.jpg
    DSC02794.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 963
  • DSC02801.jpg
    DSC02801.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 975
  • DSC02797.jpg
    DSC02797.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 988
  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 944

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
anything interesting in the "herd"?

Well they are resting right now, :sun1:and don’t want to disturb them to much, not wishing for a stampede. Not so long ago a pack of wolves was in the area, and they all started making a bunch of noise. It can be hard to sleep when all those bearing start to make noise. :wonder: it’s been very wet earlier this year,
And the water in the area was as high as it has been in years, the piranha,have been moving through the area. And the herd has be restless, some have been moving to higher ground :slider3:fearing their safety was at stake. Some of the older ones in the herd move rather slow, and a warm bowl of oil only makes them fart. :smile5:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
oops, the splatter paint for the interior of a Tucker Sno-Cat, is not correct for the earlier cats, up through the very early 50's the interiors were painted silver, that is what I found so far, but have seen orange also.

after that, they went to a undercoated interior, and then, in the early 60's Tucker Sno-Cat started to use the splatter paint, like what was in the trunk of a passenger car

this info was not meant to make anyone feel bad, a 1953 Tucker would have had a undercoated interior, quite sure what you did, looks great and as long as you are happy with it, all is good

FYI, the info provided is for those that are interested in knowing what was the correct interior color/coating and wish to restored their machine back to OEM specs

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Jin the one I sent down to you all was painted strata blue on the inside and looked like that is how it came from the factory.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Jin the one I sent down to you all was painted strata blue on the inside and looked like that is how it came from the factory.

mr nome, you are right, it is strata blue inside, over the factory undercoated interior

thank you for all your help in getting Waldo back home to Oregon...

Aaron Tucker

Actually I must of had a brain fart lol . when I was sanding I did confirm mine was originally blue on the interior . You can still see if under the dash . But beware ! that paint definitely has lead in it . The last guy that did the interior before Brad said that he was sick for a whole month after he sanded the interior down the first time :puking:.

roberttilson

What do you guys think of the 443 ? it needs 10 to 15 rollers and a carb . the engine was froze up but they pulled the head and soaked it with oil and it freed up. not anything i would trust to stay together without an overhaul myself but possibly a good starting point?

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What do you guys think of the 443 ? it needs 10 to 15 rollers and a carb . the engine was froze up but they pulled the head and soaked it with oil and it freed up. not anything i would trust to stay together without an overhaul myself but possibly a good starting point?

In my mind, the 1956 443 is THE CLASIC Sno-Cat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Many have started with far less than this cat and come out the other side. The more of the work you do your self, the better the satisfaction and knowledge of what you have.

roberttilson

So what do you think a good price would be for this tucker would be just based on what he said it needs , obviously iwould want to see it for myself first.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
you will pay what the factory and you agree to, it is a good machine to start with...

IMHO, it is all about the smiles per miles and the great people you meet along the way

stay orange and tucker on

goof luck and hope to see ya on the sno soon

tuckerville minion