• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

St4 snow-trac boat gas tank

Whipper

I have removed my fuel tank from inside the cab. Does anyone know the biggest size boat tank that will fit outside on the fender next to the hood? Size,brand, mounting? Thx for any help..Jim

Attachments

• 20171211_161141.jpg
    20171211_161141.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 240

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine has a 12 gallon on it. I discovered the manufacturer is out of business, as they were bought out by a competitor. The name escapes me at the moment..

The Company who bought them out still makes a 12 gallon that is with in 1/2" of the same size as the tank I have.. It is also about the same capacity of the original tank in the cab.

I have been considering going back to a fabricated steel tank in the cab. I don't like that much weight out on the fender, as you can see the bow it has caused over the years, from being a bit to heavy. A smaller tank, of course would be lighter when full. 8X12= 96 lbs. of fuel roughly... Quite a bit of weight..

Mine is mounted behind the right hand headlight, in a tight fitting aluminum tray some one made to fit tightly to the tank. It is also in the basket some one built on each side of mine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtd_WXprL4A

Look at the 50 second mark to see mine.

Regards, Kirk

nikos

Whipper
I have removed my fuel tank from inside the cab. Does anyone know the biggest size boat tank that will fit outside on the fender next to the hood? Size,brand, mounting? Thx for any help..Jim

Attachments

• 20171211_161141.jpg
    20171211_161141.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 210

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: St4 snow-trac boat gas tank claimm

Whipper

12 gallon and he claims to see over it. but i would go with two of the 5 or 6 gal if going that way.
he'll be at mccall
this may not be the largest but the largest i seen. a member snowtrac nome has one setup for going a long distance. pm him.
DSC01978.jpg

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe mine is a 15 gallon tank fits on the front fender in front of the windshield

nikos

Re: St4 snow-trac boat gas tank claimm

12 gallon and he claims to see over it. but i would go with two of the 5 or 6 gal if going that way.
he'll be at mccall
this may not be the largest but the largest i seen. a member snowtrac nome has one setup for going a long distance. pm him.
DSC01978.jpg

11 Gallon tank , in front of the windshield, on the right side of the fender.
Also i can carry extra fuel with 2 Jerry Can = 2 X 11 gallon. 22 gallon = 80 liters.
I am not going in long distances so the jerrycan is only to carry fuel, only for the main tank.

But if i decide to make a long distance ......Ride, i make sure that i have only the necessary.:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Nikos

Attachments

• DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC05698.JPG
    DSC05698.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 164