• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4 rear tires

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok after looking at all the cats in the area. There are 7 snow trac/masters within 100 miles of me. 2 of the cats have a 110/90/16 motorcycle tire on the rear tire. And another one has 100/80/16 tires. These are foam filled and have been on the cats for a long time. dot dates are old. They seem to be holding up well. Thoughts? These are a lot more reasonable then the other options I am seeing, at well under 100$ a tire. The tires I can get are a 4ply Whats everyones thoughts?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the original tellaborg tires are just a motorcycle tire carcass once you dismount the composite rims you will see they are just a motor cycle rim with rivets attaching the rim to the hub instead of spokes. I believe a smooth tread mc tire would work just fine I tried to find a tire at my local dealer but they wanted too darnd much I could buy a;lpine guide tires for less. if you find an afforadable solution let me know my tires are looking pretty rough.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok after looking at all the cats in the area. There are 7 snow trac/masters within 100 miles of me. 2 of the cats have a 110/90/16 motorcycle tire on the rear tire. And another one has 100/80/16 tires. These are foam filled and have been on the cats for a long time. dot dates are old. They seem to be holding up well. Thoughts? These are a lot more reasonable then the other options I am seeing, at well under 100$ a tire. The tires I can get are a 4ply Whats everyones thoughts?

I have seen them also filled on some of the bombardiers before I think you would be fine:smile:

snowcatt

Some Fisher men up here with B12 's go to the Harley shop and buy all the 16" used tires $5 each . And if you think about it the weight of a Bombardier full of fish. The tires are tough and seem last a long time

One guy even put white walls on his machine LOL and you look in side and its full of fish guts

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 257-65700.jpg
    257-65700.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 176

Beartooth

Boggie, Do you still have the round radius tires available. I am in the same boat as Mike. I am also needing 4 inch bogie rims.

Doug

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tread width is 4.125 inches it does bulge on sidewall so maybe

The rim width on the snowtrac is 2.25"

The rim width used on the Bombardier wheels is 2.75-3.00
The face of the bombardier tire is 3.00" max width is 4.5"

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
does a ply rating matter if you have one foam filled?

Not really when filled they are pressurized with the polyurethane to the same as they would be with air

On new tires they should be filled with air at least 24 hours prior to the fill operation so they stretch to size.

Ride it slightly compromised especially at -30 or 40 but they warm up and get
Softer after a little use

There are different polyurethane fill densitys some mimic air better than others

But on like a 14 ply hydro smowcat tire at 140psi you don't really notice much
Difference

On the ski hill big cats the 14 ply are the only ones that seem to last especially on the rears they take the implement weight along with a lot of side thrust in the hydro Machines.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
earlier in the year I was looking at a 16" motorcycle drag tire it was a slick like a dragster.
I was curious if it would work but it had a low ply rating.
'

snowcatt

on the bombi's I noticed with the new tires they sell the rubber is real soft with less side wall plys and the tires have thread compared to the Bombardier tires . And even foam filled they don't last as long
so I think the more side wall ply the better and harder the rubber the better thats why motorcycle tires last on bombardier B12 they have a hard rubber side wall and a round tire face my opinion only and yes i know your not talking about Bombardiers

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
earlier in the year I was looking at a 16" motorcycle drag tire it was a slick like a dragster.
I was curious if it would work but it had a low ply rating.
'

I ordered 3 different bike tires in. Was not happy with the sidewall of any of them. To get the sidewalk I liked I had to spend 120$ my cost (I am a dealer). Retail was very close to what mnoutdoors gets, so I just ordered from him. Plus his do not have tread to pack and build up snow. We will see when it shows up, but I believe his are the best option. The drag tires I have installed have a very weak sidewall.

snowcatt

its a good thing you found what you need . the guys at Mn out doors are great people to deal with . And lots of knowledge that they pass on

The fisher men up here try and save were ever they can so thats why they go with used harley tires thanks for sharing your information