• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC 1200 Specs

kl2657

The local ski area I work at offered to give me an old DMC1200 snow track that is no longer in service. I know it needs some engine work to get it up and running. Could someone please post some specs on this thing as I know nothing about it.

Is it gas or diesel?
Hydrostatic drive?
Are replacement engines readily available?
How much does it weigh?

Thanks,

Jason

Small Picture 030.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to the Snowcat area of the ForumsForums! I'm not a Thiokol/DMC/LMC expert, but I do happen to have the spec sheet for the unit you are looking for! I've got the specs posted as a downloadable PDF file in my photo gallery and it should give you the information you are looking for. I do know it used a Ford engine, runs on gas, but beyond that the spec sheet should fill you in.

(you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6.xx to open the file)

http://www.forumsforums.com/pp53/showphoto.php?photo=267&cat=500&ppuser=16

nutsster

That's just like my DMC! You say they want to give it to you? They don't have any idea what it's worth like it is? WOW.
You get it and I'll buy it from you... :D
It looks like your in the east somewhere. I will still drive out to get it. Just let me know.

First off it has a Ford 300 cid six cylinder gas engine with a C6 automatic transmission. It has an OC-12 steering differential that works through planetary gears. It's not hydrostatic, so you must be moving foreward or reverse to turn. It will reduce the speed of the track on one side to 1/3 it's speed and excellerate the track on the other side to make a turn.
The DMC has an all aluminum cab that makes it lighter and less likely to rust than the later LMC 1200 series. It is hard to find exact numbers for this unit, even when I went to Peterson's Equipment who has all the manuals for nearly every Thiokol/DMC/LMC machine made. The DMC manual say's it is 6000 lbs, but I found mine to be several hundred pounds less than that figure.

I have the manual for this machine and can give you any additional information you may need. :cool2:
Copy of pics 018 800X600.jpg