• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Going to loose my dog. Cancer

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My 6 year old German Shorthair has cancer, and the end isn't going to be favorable. going now to the vet clinic to pick him up. This is the 2nd surgery and it is now in the lymph nodes. I hope he can survive to hunt this year, but this is aggressive from what I have seen.

Sad day. Not sure of the future. :sad:

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sad to hear this, especially on such a young dog.

I wish you the best.

We are facing the same thing with Misha, but she is 11.5. She has been unable to stand without someone helping her up (she wears a harness) for the past several months. But once she is up she can get around pretty well. ... until today. Going to be facing a very tough decision here sooner than I thought we would.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
They spend such a small moment in our total lifetimes. It is hard to understand why then, they become such a large part of them.

Sorry to hear this Kirk.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Our animals are really the only true and faithful friends we ever have in this world. To lose one is heartbreaking and in many ways devastating. I have lost more then my share in my 66 years and it never gets easier, it gets harder as a matter of fact.

Condolences.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry for your buddy Kirk. And only 6 years old. Heres hoping the surgery helps him or her get through the hunting season and having some fun. Best wishes.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
So sorry for your buddy Kirk. And only 6 years old. Heres hoping the surgery helps him or her get through the hunting season and having some fun. Best wishes.

+1

I hate saying goodbye to our furry 4 leggers.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
It's so sad to lose them . I remember when the last of my old cat crew Panther died on the same day as my brother died.

Leni

So sorry to hear that. It hurts so much. My son lost his doxie earlier this year. Nothing like having a 6'5" son crying.

I lost my Maine Coon to lung cancer. He did not appear to be ill until a week before he died. No one could figure out what was wrong, not even the experts. Hubby refuses to have another cat. I think that it just hurt him too much to lose Amigo. He was the only pet that Tom ever cared about.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Years ago I had to put down my black lab due to cancer, it was a sad day indeed. I haven't had a pet since as it is so hard when their time is up.

As TR says, they are they only true and faithful friends we ever have in this world.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I often wonder how long it will be before my Shorthair will live before his quality of life is gone. I am sure I will know when the time is here, from how happy he is...

I just hope for the best. I've had enough dogs in my life to know that they are a temporary companion.. I always keep this in mind, as it helps when the day comes.

Thanks for your thoughts and concerns. It does make it easier to know how many others feel about our pets..

Regards, Kirk

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I lost a 7 year old Labrador field trial champion 10 years ago to lymphoma. That dog carried a retrieving bumper right up to the time I put him down. All I ask is don't work him if he's hurting ............. Stories like this make me cry. God bless Kirk ........

Copperhead

"No Dogs In Heaven"

An old man and his dog were walking down a hot, dusty road lined with a beautiful white fence on both sides. As they walked along, the old man and his dog became very thirsty and tired.

Soon, they came to a gate in the fence where, on the other side, they saw a nice grassy, wooded area surrounding a cool clear pool of fresh water. "Just where a thirsty 'huntin' dog and a man would like to rest!" thought the old man. But there was a sign over the gate that read "No Dogs" so they walked on.

Further on, they came upon a man in flowing white robes standing just inside a strong iron gate across a path that led to a beautiful, sunny meadow with a cool clear stream running through it.

"'Scuse me Sir," said the old man, "My dog and I have been on this road all day. Mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?" "Of course!" The man said. "Come on in and rest. You look thirsty and tired." The old man said, "We sure are!" and started through the gate with his dog.

The gatekeeper stopped him. "Sorry, you can come in but your dog can't come with you. "You see, this is Heaven, and dogs aren't allowed here. He has to stay out here on the road." "What kind of Heaven won't allow dogs?" said the old man. "Well, if he can't come in, then I'll stay out here on the road with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life and I won't desert him now."

"Suit yourself," said the gatekeeper, "but I have to warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his place. He'll promise you anything, but dogs can't go there either. If you won't leave that dog on the road, you'll spend all Eternity on the road with him. Better if you stay here."

"Well, I'm stayin' with my dog," replied the man and he and the dog walked on. Gradually, the fence became more and more faded and rundown until they finally reached a spot where the boards fell away completely leaving a gap. Another man dressed in old, ragged clothes sat just inside the broken fence under a shady tree.

"'Scuse me Sir," said the old man, "My dog and I have been on this road all day. Mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?" "Of course!" The man said. "Come on in and rest. There's some cold water here under the tree. Make yourself comfortable."

The old man paused, "but what about my dog? Can he can come in, too? The man up the road said dogs weren't allowed here, and they had to stay on the road." The other man answered, "Well, you look pretty tired and thirsty. Would you come in here and rest if you had to leave that dog?"

"No sir!" the old man replied, "A glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now but I won't come in if my buddy here can't come too. I didn't go to Heaven because my dog couldn't come with me, so I sure as how ain't about to go to Hell without him neither."

The man smiled and said, "Welcome to Heaven, and bring your dog!" The old man exclaimed, "You mean this is Heaven? And my dog can come with me? Then why did that fellow down the road say they weren't allowed in Heaven?" The man replied, "That was the Devil and he gets all the souls who are willing to give up a life-long companion for small comfort because they think it will make their lives a little easier."

The man continued, "They soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late. The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there. God wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, He created them to be man's companions in life, why would he separate them in death?"