• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cat meeting 2016?

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Starting the thread.
Is there interest in having:
A: A formal meeting with catered dinners etc. (Cat's Meow)
B: A more informal with "no host" dinners but a set venue/time etc (Leavenworth)
C: A gathering, more so than a meeting.

I don't think I can swing the cash / time for a "Cat's Meow" type event every year. While it was a great time...

I cannot comment on Leavenworth, as I have not been part of that event.
Let's get started, at least with the ideas.
CT

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
happy to help you move forward, leavenworth is a great informal event, a movable sno-cat event is a great idea. from low budget to maybe a high end event every 5 or so years

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Possibly Polina Lake ? It is a smaller version of Crater Lake, in Oregon, that is ringed by rentable cabins, and it has a restaurant that is open weekends. It is ONLY Snow Cat or Snowmobile accessible. Usually it is booked up way in advance by snowmobiles. Maybe they have a web site?

S-noWonder

We are hoping for a good winter here in Northern California, and Northcoast and I were thinking of putting on an informal gathering in the Forest Hill area. We have great trails and incredible views where we go. There is a bed and breakfast where folks can stay. Or you can stay in town if you like, its not that far.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Redsqwrl, Bullwinkle and Co. : Well, that's one of the topics to consider. >I< can't see a national event every year. On the other-hand a national event every third blue moon might not work either.

If it were up to ME, I would go for regional events on even years, and national events on odd years. That gives two years to select a venue, get a committee formed and make it happen. The work Jinn and Scott did is usually done by a committee of ten or so (though a committee of two is probably easier to manage) for an event of that size. I started this thread to get both Ideas and a since of "do we, as a group, want this"?

Short answer: No it can't be limited to just the West Coast. On the other-hand, Florida might not make a good venue.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Possibly Polina Lake ? It is a smaller version of Crater Lake, in Oregon, that is ringed by rentable cabins, and it has a restaurant that is open weekends. It is ONLY Snow Cat or Snowmobile accessible. Usually it is booked up way in advance by snowmobiles. Maybe they have a web site?

that sounds great, i am all in and ready to go.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I got curious if you got a bunk at silcox if they would let you drive up. I never did find out but noticed snow drifters and Lyndon's cat on the web page.
but you can rent the silcox for parties.
http://www.timberlinelodge.com/lodging/silcox-hut/

jim great idea for a smaller get together, yes, you can rent silcox and i would ask timberline about driving up, if they say yes, it would be only to get to silcox unless you work out a additional deal with them, do believe they would be open to it, go for it jim vt, fyi, if you do not ask, the answer is always NO

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey cider tom, may i suggest a informal gathering at Diamond Lake Oregon, I would look into running on Mt Bailey also. pick a date and go with the first come first serve, great area and even with a couple of cats, it would be fabulous, the more the merrier. easy to manage and set up. and now would be the time to make those winter reservations.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody live in the Black Hills of sd or southern wy would be a great central location.

I am just a few hours from the Black Hills. There is a great trail system one of the best in the nation for snowmobiles. Lots to see and even though its not as aggressive of terrain there are still lots of places to find a challenge.

There are several areas with where cabins can be rented.

The negative is that over the last few years snowfall here has been pretty unpredictable. I hope this changes back to the winters we use to get.

Wyoming would be incredible and more central for many. I could definitely get to one of these locations:clap:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Starting the thread.
Is there interest in having:
A: A formal meeting with catered dinners etc. (Cat's Meow)
B: A more informal with "no host" dinners but a set venue/time etc (Leavenworth)
C: A gathering, more so than a meeting.

I don't think I can swing the cash / time for a "Cat's Meow" type event every year. While it was a great time...

I cannot comment on Leavenworth, as I have not been part of that event.
Let's get started, at least with the ideas.
CT

mr cider,

fyi about diamond lake lodge, there is a road around the lake of 11 miles and also a road around mt bailey, which both can be used, this would make a great informal gathering of the cats, somewhat easy access in all directions, all we need, is a bar lifter

Sno-Surfer

This is so great to have is thread going after the Meow. Some great ideas already shared. It's so much fun to be out in a group vs by yourself hoping you don't break down!
I, ready to go somewhere, anywhere and if I can be of some help I'm happy to pitch in.
The silcox hut is a great idea if they would let us do that again.
Thanks for starting this Cidertom and looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
This is so great to have is thread going after the Meow. Some great ideas already shared. It's so much fun to be out in a group vs by yourself hoping you don't break down!
I, ready to go somewhere, anywhere and if I can be of some help I'm happy to pitch in.
The silcox hut is a great idea if they would let us do that again.
Thanks for starting this Cidertom and looking forward to seeing how this develops.

yes a big thanks to mr cider,

first, timberline lodge would be more than please to host the meow again, jim vt idea of using silcox is great and having it be an informal event, very easy to do and all, tons of fun,

next, not all events need to be big production, simple is good, all the next event needs to someone to lift the bar and make a few phone calls and finally post the info on the forum and be cheer leader for the event, they will run themselves if set up right to start with

finally, great group of sno-cat lovers, and makes each and every event so grand.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
in just to the central event clearing house,

rumor of the gathering of sno-cat in central IDAHO being planned for Feb of 2017

sounds like it just might be a fabulous place to be sno catting in 2017 !

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
in just to the central event clearing house,

rumor of the gathering of sno-cat in central IDAHO being planned for Feb of 2017

sounds like it just might be a fabulous place to be sno catting in 2017 !

I would do that one in honor of Big Al

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
elk city?? just bring your camping gear.
al was setting it up with the forest service.