• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New member from afar Finland !

Metsaman

Hello everybody,

I am Man from Finland, it is small country on scandinavia.

I like talk and show My machines, hobbies, etc. also like watch and talk other machines, hobbies etc. :biggrin:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forums!

I think you will fit in here very well. Lots of fellows here who have the same interests.

It is always interesting to see your side of the world. I am a farmer here and like machines as well.

I have a friend who is married to a Finnish born gal as well. She came here as an exchange student, and came back a few years later.. Kija is her name.

Regards, Kirk

Metsaman

Thank You !

This seems to be very interested forum where it possibility find people who have same interested like Me.
You are almost finnish person. : )

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Metsaman!

I just watched your Easter Egg video.

You seem like a very kind, down to earth fellow.

Enjoy your time here on the forums. :smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Metsaman! Welcome to ForumsForums. I'm glad you found us.
We mow anywhere from the last week of march to the first or second week of April. This year it looks to be really late, later than since I've kept track but it might be the third week before I have to mow da grass. When you do you normally mow the grass for the first time of the season?
Please post any other tidbits about Finland. I enjoy hearing about other parts of this great planet.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Metsaman

Thank You, glad to be here ! :smile:

I normally mow grass on first time maybe first week on June...

Here are plenty of snow, actually last night rain snow about 10 cm...

This is video that I make with My rc plane and actioncamera week ago, You see there is no summer in sight for long time...:sad:

Link My rc plane video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBU_k7co9E

Leni

My grass gets mowed every week no matter what the season unless it is raining of course. Good thing that I don't have a big lawn since the Gov has ordered water restrictions due to the drought.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Welcome Metsaman, I don't mow grass anymore, I'm an apartment dweller.

graphics-welcome-313101.gif

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank You, glad to be here ! :smile:

I normally mow grass on first time maybe first week on June...

Here are plenty of snow, actually last night rain snow about 10 cm...

This is video that I make with My rc plane and actioncamera week ago, You see there is no summer in sight for long time...:sad:

Link My rc plane video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBU_k7co9E
Awesome video!!!!! Very nice place you have there. And yeah, winter shows no sign of leaving anytime soon. Great landing. Nice and smooth. Did you bust up a few planes learning to fly them?
No mowing till June. Wow. And how long does the mowing season last, just till August or so?
Every week would be tough Leni. Course I'm looking forward to the first mow now, but it does get old fast.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
WOW, that was a great video. You really are isolated there. I didn't see any town or village nearby. :clap::clap::clap:

Leni

Every week would be tough Leni. Course I'm looking forward to the first mow now, but it does get old fast.

That's why I have a gardener. :clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you joined us. It's always interesting to get a European perspective. I've never been to Finland but when I lived in Scotland I had friends who went there every year for 2 weeks cross country skiing. They loved it.

By the way, I mowed my grass (weeds) for the first time this week. My yard is in a terrible state. The weather hasn't been dry enough for long enough to let me spray. Tomorrow though, it's going to get done. We're supposed to have a nice calm, warm, dry day before the rain starts again on Sunday.

Metsaman

Thank You, I like to read life in other part a world, it interesting and open You mind.

Here is no need to worry on grass mowing maybe least couple of moths...

Metsaman

Awesome video!!!!! Very nice place you have there. And yeah, winter shows no sign of leaving anytime soon. Great landing. Nice and smooth. Did you bust up a few planes learning to fly them?
No mowing till June. Wow. And how long does the mowing season last, just till August or so?

Thank You,

Yes I been bust planes when practice this hobby but I think that it happens everybody on this hobby... just try used to it..

I do last mowing maybe late september, then just collect leafs on My lawnmower.

Here is video on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-wr_33GTGE

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You've got us Americans hunting for a metric converter to change "cm" to inches. :yum::yum::yum: We are old fashioned.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum. See you on the threads. :biggrin: Looks like you have about as much snow as I have here in Vermont USA. I will be mowing my lawn in about another month. We lost a lot of snow yesterday as it was sunny 65F and then we got 1/2" of rain. I'll let you do the math to metric.

BTW, my rooster says hey as well. :biggrin:

Metsaman

Welcome to the Forum. See you on the threads. :biggrin: Looks like you have about as much snow as I have here in Vermont USA. I will be mowing my lawn in about another month. We lost a lot of snow yesterday as it was sunny 65F and then we got 1/2" of rain. I'll let you do the math to metric.

BTW, my rooster says hey as well. :biggrin:

Here are plenty of snow left and start to tired of it... only few days ago rain about 4 inches more snow...

Say Your rooster best regards in Finland. :smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank You,

Yes I been bust planes when practice this hobby but I think that it happens everybody on this hobby... just try used to it..

Many years ago the company that I worked for brought a jack-up drilling rig from Singapore over to the North sea. It was moved on a transport vessel rather than towing it. Since the small crew on board had nothing to do during the trip they bought 7 radio control kits in Singapore (3 helicopters and 4 planes) to build during the voyage. They only had two left when they arrived in the UK. The other five were scattered across the Indian Ocean and the Mediterranean somewhere. :sad::sad:

So, I guess that you're right, it does take practice and there will be casualties. :biggrin:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are plenty of snow left and start to tired of it... only few days ago rain about 4 inches more snow...

In case you haven't noticed, There are many memebers here who own snow cats. Mine is my avitar, a Swedish unit called a Snow Trac.

Since you have snow for so long in Finnland, are there machines for snow travel? Here is alink to a get together we had in Febuary..

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=69053&page=4

Regards, Kirk