• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Great for keys that won't turn: Graphite

Pretty Flamingo

I suppose I am probably preaching to the converted, but my key was starting to have difficulty turning in my front door. I was recommended to try the following and my key and all the others turn smoothly now.
Ambersil Graphite Lock Lubricant.

31kCuIz9jXL._SY300_.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have been doing that for years.

Be advised. Whatever graphite gets on (hands, clothes...), it takes effort to get it back off.

Make sure you wipe down the lock area after application and your key(s) after several inserts and extracts. Basically, run the key through the lock, do the unlock/lock and extract several times then go wash off your keys before putting them in your pocket.

Pretty Flamingo

Have been doing that for years.

Be advised. Whatever graphite gets on (hands, clothes...), it takes effort to get it back off.

Make sure you wipe down the lock area after application and your key(s) after several inserts and extracts. Basically, run the key through the lock, do the unlock/lock and extract several times then go wash off your keys before putting them in your pocket.

Thanks. Yes, I took all those precautions as they were advised anyway with that product. I was thinking that I may need to get the locks changed but Googled the problem and there were lots of message boards on different sites recommending graphite. I am so pleased I purchased it. However, my boyfriend said I should grate a pencil. :yum: