• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 1/23

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 1/23
Did you know...
THERE'S ENOUGH GOLD IN THE WORLD'S OCEANS TO GIVE EVERY HUMAN 9 POUNDS OF IT.

1. To the nearest hundred, how many nuclear reactors are functioning world-wide?
(bonus; how many are cranking out energy here in the USA? )
2. can you name the popular rock band that went through four name-changes, including
"Johnny and the moondogs" and "the moonshiners", before settling on the name by which they became famous?
3. what structure is depicted on the $100 Bill?
4. what year saw the first neon signs used in advertising?
a. - 1923
b. - 1925
c. - 1927
d. - 1929
5. what state's capitol building has an active oil well on it's grounds?
6. what's the average lifespan of a human taste bud?
7. in fencing, what is a tie-breaking bout called?
8. can you name the three romantic comedies that co-starred tom hanks and meg Ryan?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
more people died from the two eruptions of mount Vesuvius, Italy, than all the eruptions of other volcanoes put together.
1. 433
(103)
2. THE BEATLES
3. Independence Hall
4. a. - 1923
5. OKLAHOMA
6. ABOUT TEN DAYS
7. a barrage
8. SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE, YOU'VE GOT MAIL, and Joe versus the volcano
CRAP !!
Fewer than 7,000 people died in the eruptions of a.d. 79 and 1631.
The 1815 eruption of Tambora killed at least 92,000 people. the second most deadly
eruption was in 1883 at Krakatoa, where 36,417 people died in the ensuing tidal wave.
The most deadly eruption in recent times was in 1985 at Ruiz, Columbia, when 25,000 people perished.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I got 3 (I peeked) and T or C.

I knew #2 but couldn't recall it at the time.

I should have got #5. I've been there and seen it for darn sake but for some reason I got locked in to Austin, Texas.

I got 2/3 of #8. I forgot all about "Joe versus the Volcano" but then again so did everybody else. It wasn't the most memorable movie that I've ever seen.