• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 1/3

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 1/3
DID YOU KNOW...
Los Angeles' full name is El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula -- and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size: L.A.

1. In golf the 10 iron is usually called what?
2. What did the ancient Greeks use instead of soap?
3. Who were the first people to measure the year?
4. In what movie did Sinatra sing “My Kind of Town” ?
5. Sir John MacDonald was the first prime minister of what country ?
6. What color is the cross on the Greek Flag?
7. Add Cointreau or Triple Sec to brandy to make a ...... what ?
8. Wo Fat was the enemy of which TV detective?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The recycling symbol was originally designed for a eugenics campaign.
1. Wedge
2. olive oil
3. Babylonians
4. Robin and the 7 Hoods
5. Canada
6. White
7. a Sidecar
8. Steve MacGarett
CRAP !!
The universal recycling symbol (♲ (U+2672) or ♻ (U+267B) in Unicode) is an internationally recognized symbol used to designate recyclable materials. It is composed of three mutually chasing arrows that form a Möbius strip (an unending single-sided looped surface).
In 1969 and early 1970, worldwide attention to environmental issues culminated in the first Earth Day. In response, then Chicago-based Container Corporation of America, a large producer of recycled paperboard which is now part of Smurfit-Stone Container, sponsored a contest for art and design students at high schools and colleges across the country to raise awareness of environmental issues. It was won by Gary Anderson, a 23-year-old college student at the University of Southern California, whose entry was the image now known as the universal recycling symbol.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been doing reasonably well this year but that came to an end today.

I got 5 (semi-guess) and 6. I should have got #1 .... but didn't.