• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

UFO's and other oddities

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Over the years I have seen odd stuff in the sky that qualifies as a UFO by definition (Unidentified Flying Object) because I didn't know what they were!

First one I ever saw was about when I was 19 on a Coast Guard Ship. We were about 200 miles out into the Gulf of Alaska and I had just gotten off midwatch from the engineroom. I went up to stand on the bridgewings to cool off a bit before hitting the rack. The bridge watch was engrossed watching a white light abeam of the ship, it made no sounds, but would go to the stern, then around the ship to the bow about as fast as you could swing your arms from back to forward, then it would stop, then change directions again. It had been doing that for about five to ten minutes before I got up there, then lasted another few minutes before "going out".

Nobody had an explanation, but I also don't think it was reported either.

Anyone else see strange stuff at night, or day?!?

weatherby

Yep....I have seen something unexplainable. About 8 or 9 years ago my brother and myself were staying at my house on lake Superior during deer season, he was sleeping in the living room and I was in my room, it was about 2:00 AM when he woke me to tell me to come out and look at this light in the sky out over the lake. It was a light about maybe 60 degrees above the horizon out over the lake and it was stationary changing color from blue to red to light blue about every 5 minutes and it did this for about 30 minutes or so before it started moving to the north slowly and appearing to stay at the same altitude, the light then went dim then completely out. The sky was clear with a billion stars out (very calm night) lake was quite and the light made no noise. I have never seen any kind of aircraft act like that, my "guess" is that it was quite a ways up in the sky but it's only a guess.

These are the actual pics that I took of it during the 40 minutes or so we watched this thing. The first two are with no zoom and in it's red phase then it's blue phase and the last pic is with my camera zoomed all the way in when it was in it's light blue phase.

Attachments

• DSC00359-1.jpg
    DSC00359-1.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00360-1.jpg
    DSC00360-1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00361-1.jpg
    DSC00361-1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 163

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
That is cool, never had a camera with me when I see something odd, so I always carry one now for that reason.

About five years ago I was coming back to town with the late "Roughtwoods" on the snowmachines, temps had dropped to about -40 or so, the night sky was full of the Milky Way, you could see stars you couldn't imagine. The ride back to town is about 40 miles one way, the Northern lights came out and covered the sky with greens and purples. We stopped, shut the machines off and laid back on the seats and just watched the show. After about twenty minutes the norther lights started to fade, then we watched a series of white lights dance around like fireflies do on a summer night in the States. These were very high altitude and made stops, turns and things that no aircraft I have ever seen do, you could see them "shadow" the stars when they passed over the brighter ones. We watched for about another twenty minutes and then it was just the stars again, so we headed back to town.

When I am out at the cabin in the cold of the winter nights, I see the same lights now and then, and love to watch them, but not a clue to what they are.

I might add that the lights are directly in line with the Air Force's Early Warning Radar, and wondered if there was anything in common with that?

mak2

I was up one morning about 0400. It was within a day or two of the coldest temp recorded in Indiana, I remember because I live really close to the recording station. Anyway it was a cold clear morning and I went out to start the truck. I just happened to look up at the stars because it was sooo clear. I immediately seen 3 points of light moving rapidly around the sky. They kept a uniform distance apart while apperaring to go in different directions, altitudes and speeds. I would have thought it was a triangular aircraft except you could see start behind it. It moved at incredible speeds. I am not sure how long I was out there but a couple of minutes at least. Absolutely no sound. I dont think I have told anyone in real life but I dont care if you guys think I am crazy.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I use to work at an early warning radar site in Alaska, and use to make conversation with the radar tech's and asked them if they had seen anything "unusual" in space since they count satellite parts in orbit to calibrate the systems, they never said yes, but they never said no either, just they couldn't comment! LOL, sometimes nothing said is more!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Strange things at night? Well having worked 3rd shift for 17 years I have seen some strange things as well. Usually on real dark clear nights. We used to joke about whether it was the government or somebody from elsewhere. Working for a government contractor you never really believed everything that was public info.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Strange things at night? Well having worked 3rd shift for 17 years I have seen some strange things as well. Usually on real dark clear nights. We used to joke about whether it was the government or somebody from elsewhere. Working for a government contractor you never really believed everything that was public info.

Well it is pretty arrogant to look up at the Milky way at night and see the millions of stars, or as Carl Sagan use to say "Billions and Billions", and think that we are the only ones here!

I have no idea of what is out there, but sure would like to see it! Face it, if we think we are so cool because we have radar evading aircraft, I figure that anything that can cross a Galaxy, isn't going to have any issues with evading anything we have unless they want us to!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking about this earlier today even before seeing this thread.

We were out at our spring fish camp 30 miles north of town sitting around the campfire on a clear night the third weekend in may this year. It was me, dad, and our american friend standing out there at around midnight on a clear night looking up at the stars when we noticed a light shooting across the sky. It was going fairly slow at first on a set path so we thought it was a satellite. Then, it picked up speed. We thought that was kind of odd until it did sort of a zig zag pattern, stopped, did an about turn, and started going back the way it came. We watched it for a minute or so till it really picked up speed and was gone just as fast as it came. Talk about strange. We all just looked at each other dunfounded and didn't know what to think of it. It definately wasn't anything manmade.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I figured that more people than let on have seen stuff that doesn't make sense and maybe if everyone has a piece of a jigsaw puzzle, maybe something will come of it!

Thanks for your input, ask others to kick in as well!

SShepherd

on april 14th I went to bed at about 10pm.When I woke up it was april 16th...........and my butt hurt and I was broke

I think I was abducted:unsure: