• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Latest addition to my front end loader

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I designed and built this new Grapple for the Kioti front loader on my Kioti DK45 4x4 tractor a couple years ago . The jaws were computer cut and are T-1 steel 3/4" thick . I've taken out 7"-8" Oak Trees and never slowed down . The front facing tines interlock into the front cutting edge of the Kioti bucket when closed and act as a set of forward facing rippers .You do not need a after market cutting edge with this baby . And the nice part is I can open the jaws and back blade a nice level pad . It had a little too much crushing pressure so I needed to get a pressure regulator to tone it down a bit .
It bolts on each end of the bucket with 3 - 1/2" bolts and I have a set of Hydraulic quick connects on my tractor to open the close the jaws .
The picture shows the Grapple resting on my nieghbors DK45 whick is the same as mine ,minus the ram mount on the rear of the bucket . I took it off for the winter and left it in California . I will be hauling it to Idaho as we are getting ready to do a lot of timber clean up . This thing is God Awful and works perfectly tearing up anything in its path . I have the design drawing for the jaws if anyone needs a set . Cost to build was about $700 - $800 . Weight is about 250 pounds .

Attachments

• Tractor grapple 001.jpg
    Tractor grapple 001.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Tractor grapple 002.jpg
    Tractor grapple 002.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 71

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Your right ! I never got around to painting it . I'll do that when I get it mounted in Idaho to my tractor .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice work Al!!!!!

What did you use to cut the 3/4 " steel?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice work Al!!!!!

What did you use to cut the 3/4 " steel?

I had the 3/4" T-1 steel jaws cut at the big welding shop in town . They took my designs and inserted it into a computer controlled cutting torch table and just let it go . Those things are amazing!!! You can lay every jaw on top of the other and they are all exactly the same . There was no cleanup to do with a sander or grinder !!!!