• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not sure what to do...

Lithium

Just got a text from him! He is now allowed phones on the job... I guess they mean no texting. Anyway he gets off in one hour!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got a text from him! He is now allowed phones on the job... I guess they mean no texting. Anyway he gets off in one hour!
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but , the first day at a new job aint the time to be calling or texting . Maybe thats why so many are unemployed these days .

I guess I just dont understand whats wrong with waiting untill he gets home to share how his first day went . Just because you can dont mean its the best idea if you want to keep a job . Sorry I just dont get it . but I hope it all went great. :unsure:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rusty one (well maybe more than one) word of caution my son was driving for a Pizza joint after he got out of the service going to school.

He got hit once rear ended the hitters insurance company took care of the damage and no injury's (lucky in my opinion).

He hit a car and totaled his the pizza place covered his medical bills and the $500.00 deductible. The insurance co said the car wasn't worth what his loan was for, they finally did pay it off but it took a couple months of screaming.

He had no car, the insurance dropped him and cant afford another car down payment and loan and the assigned risk insurance.

He is driving our old clunker on assigned risk like $3000 a year for liability only we told him no delivery's with "our" car so he is working in the pizza shop.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Well it went alright. Not sure how long I will keep it. I guess as long as my car can take it. Tommu, that sucks. That's the one thing that worries me with a job like this.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep track of your mileage with a cheap notebook. All it needs to be is one of those wire bound jobs where you write the date and start and stop miles. Tax man will figure out your allowable rate against your wages and tips.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cause you will get a 1099 for the wages unless it is strictly cash.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I was lookin foward to coming home, having a beer or two, and watching the game. By the time I got home, it was shower, bottle of water, and last couple innings, lol. Tuckered me out.

Lia

Banned
Good luck Rusty. I would imagine that a Pizza Guy gets a lot of tips, and that will boost your wage pretty good I would think.

I always thought that those sort of jobs came with a company vehicle tho. :unsure:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
congrats my friend....keep up the good work and lay off the pizza you do not want to destroy that figure you have worked so hard on....

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• chase_dominos.jpg
    chase_dominos.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 194

Galvatron

i can see it now:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• demotivational-posters-pizza-guy.jpg
    demotivational-posters-pizza-guy.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 192

Galvatron

Rusty will never get the same tips as my pizza girl gets.....grrrrrrrrr:w00t2:

what have you got Rusty that would make me want you over her?????

Attachments

• 20943.jpg
    20943.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 182

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Dammit I knew this was gonna be a problem.

He has a problem with me not being able to work until 6pm Mon-Fri. I told him 5 fucking times about that, and eh scheduled me to start at 4pm. I don't think this is gonna last very long.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Rusty, I'm hungry, bring me a pizza.
I should be in your earthquake delivery area. :hide:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I dunno, we will see. Looks like he might have me on fri-sat-sun duty for a while. that's how he has me this week, I am not doing all three every weekend. fuck that.