• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

automatic trany in Bombi

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Has any one put a automatic in a Bombi using the 1.6 engine
If so out of what?

It would almost have to be the Ford C3 and was used behind that engine in the
European Ford cortina that engine in the Bombi is the English engine.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Used on these European cars

Applications (EU)1972–1985 Ford Granada
1972–1975 Ford Consul
1982–1987 Ford Sierra
1982–1987 Ford Scorpio
1979–1987 Ford Capri
1976–1982 Ford Cortina
1976–1982 Ford Taunus

Dick

I think you can find one in 1971 or 72 ford pinto the base model had the 1600 w/auto or manual trans

dieseldr

Our snowmobile club has one that the 1.6 must have died, was repowered with a chevette 4 and hydramatic. It pulls a 7 foot by 16 foot drag ( heavier than a dead cow) up unbelievable hills, and the 1.6 with manual trans we have can't keep up with it towing nothing. Now I'm not a GM guy, but I have seen this firsthand, and I have to believe it is because of the torque multiplication available with the AT convertor. The 4 speed 1.6 can't hold a candle to it. If you could find a C3, I would be inclined to try it. Thinking of repowering our 1.6, or selling outright.