• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat Usage

What do you use your Snowcat for?

• Work - Pulling a groomer, Ski Hill, etc.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Transportation - I need it to get where I'm going.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Recreation - Just crusing around in the snow.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Other - Please describe...

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ... So far I have set in the shop and had drinks from the bar in the back while making varoooooom sounds in the head phones . Its a lot of fun after the 4th or 5th drink . I may actually move it a few feet in the next couple of years , but its so warm in the shop !!!:biggrin:

Seriously I intend to use it to mingle among the Elk herd on the ranch .

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Um you need to add an all of the above........ for people who do more than one.... I voted other because of that calamity.....

mattfidaho

I voted work... comunication tower access. and search and rescue. but there is always the "Recreation" tossed in there :)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Al's Krusti bar? Are you going to move it to Idaho? Maybe leave it for your neighbor!:poke:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Big Al's Krusti bar? Are you going to move it to Idaho? Maybe leave it for your neighbor!:poke:

Naw...I don't think even Al could hate someone that much to curse them like that.:whistling:

Back to the topic...I picked the first one. I use a snowcat for work purposes pulling a snowmobile drag around 200 miles of trail. I did notice though that there was no "Krusti recovery vehicle" option above, but I guess that would fall under the work category too.:whistling:

shinintimes

ShininTimes. Newbie here.
Just purchased a 1963 Thiokol Spryte. About 75% restored.
Day picnic trips and getting into the "cabin".
Love the forum.
Thanks.
ShininTimes

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
mine gets used for transportation ,hunting, wildlife vewing and general oll other for hire work see some of my adventure threads

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
ketter watch out kirk some one may send you a dr. rum and orange paint with some krusty stickers

yj junker

78 tucker 1342 that is used to keep volunteers busy repairing it and grooming around 150 miles of ACTB atv trail,we haul a 8-18 mogul master copy drag :)

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
dds,

Krusty stickers, NO WAY....

We keep getting and inch or two, only to have it melt in a few days and do it again. Fresh 1-2" this morning and 40 deg temps by weeks end. Bummer...

Kirk

VXclimber180

Well, so far mine has not got off the trailer:sad:...it has not even made it out Arkansas where there is no snow:sad:, it's future lies in being our transportation up to the cabin in Colorado. But, first my wife wants me to finish the cabin:ermm:. So I have had to resort to sitting in it in the barn, starting it up and filling the barn with black smoke, listening to the blower whine, I even talked my daughter into coming out and trying it out:smile:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjClWSJQfw&context=C3236d5fADOEgsToPDskJLYVQkeuzOa5sYyJ7bml9x"]Tucker Sno-Cat Detroit Diesel 4-53T - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 153
Our use is mostly for ice fishing on a large frozen lake, and basic fun/recreation I guess.

Toss a rifle in the cab and go cruising for coyotes.

utahwilson

Ours is currently sitting in a polebarn in Northern Utah collecting owl scat. Brought twins boys into the world last May and wife feels they are more important than the snowcat. I have to admit they are pretty darn handsome.

Attachments

• Wilson Boys.JPG
    Wilson Boys.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 146

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
good looking twins get with me i think i have the fix for yours as it has worked good on mine so far