• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whoo hoo! Should set record for wettest year on record this year!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, all we need is like another inch (lately that means a few hours) or so to break the all time record since they have been keeping records back in 1800 something. Heck, we still have over a month left and our "average" precip for December is something like 3.6". We outta have no problem shattering the wettest year on record, record.

Now, I'll really be excited it we break our all time record for snowfall for a winter!! :clap: All this has meant is that the yard has been muddy pretty well all year and the grass needed to be mowed like twice a week. I want snow! Yeah, I'm just a kid...big! Get to make lots of side money and have lots of fun with the kids in the snow if we get it.

I suppose since all this rain is moving north east, which will all funnel into the Ohio River, which dumps into the Mississippi River, New Orleans ought to be floating around Christmas time. Hopefully they fixed all their weak spots. This won't be any storm, just really high water. Anybody else breaking records for yearly rainfall?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know where we are for the year but right now it is too wet to get in a lot of fields and harvest crops. I tilled my garden with the big tiller on the tractor and it was sticking to the tires pretty bad. where I have my manure pile it is so wet I gave up cleaning the barnyard till it freezes. Need to spread some on the garden but it will have to wait.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Send some my way....

Dry as I can remember for this time of year. Might be taken the Snow Trac some where else to run it if we don't get snow. muleman, you've got a good looking area, ever ran a Snow Trac?

Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I ran old Tuckers as a teen at the ski slope I worked at. They run a lot of them just north of me around Rochester to east of Syracuse and on down in the Adirondacks area. The lake snows are quite a challenge in some of those areas and pile up quick some years.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the wettest year ever is already this year after we've received just over 3" in the last 24 hours with another 2" - 3" predicted yet to fall in the next 24 hours. :wow:

Should I start building an ark? In all seriousness, there are going to be a LOT of people flooded out of their houses as the Ohio River rises if the flash flooding didn't get them. I don't live on top of a mountain, but I'm out of what they call the 500 year flood zone. I'm not sure what that means, but I suppose most of the land we live on has been under water at one point or another. The creek to on the west border of my property has moved nearly 50' since it was first surveyed by the U.S. Government when the family I bought it from bought 2 "sections". I did learn that a section is 640 acres and, if I'm not mistaken, that must be about 1 sq. mile of land? Anyway, the original survey was almost worthless because it referred to "large oak stump" and "large brown bolder" in descriptions.

Anyway, we didn't have to wait too long to officially set a record for the wettest year since they've been keeping records.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been raining since this morning, and will continue all night into tomorrow night.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The old 125 year old record (as long as they have records) for annual precip for our town was 66.14" in a year. I think I heard on the radio we are close to 68" with another 1-2" predicted for this current storm. Now I hope we set the record for the most snow in a winter. I don't know what that would be, but back in '77-'78, I walked across the Ohio River and we missed almost a complete month of school. With the equipment I have now, I should be able to make some good side money along with literally "rescuing" some elderly or sick people. Even as a teen that last time, my friends and I refused to accept any money when getting meds to the elderly and sick or getting them to the hospital. I remember how good that makes you feel. Besides, I have a lot more toys with which to play in the snow now! :big grin:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...