• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anybody Have Any Experience With This

Bamby

I found a thread on this product the other day. Being that I'm a skeptic about recommendations read on such a thread I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. It reads as if it's superior to wd-40 for instance and I can see many useful applications if it lives up to it's hype. Any experience anyone? http://www.fluid-film.com/

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Never heard of that one but there are many I've never heard of.

What uses do you have for this product? I like some of the gun lubricants that are classified as Cleaners/Lubricants/Protectants. Commonly available in large spray cans is RemOil. My current favorite is WeaponShield. The same company makes other versions for other applications. Here is their home page: http://www.steelshieldtech.com/ I can't speak to their other products but I think WeaponShield is one of the best on the market and use it as an all purpose lube, also for light/moderate gun cleaning and as a rust preventative for storage. They have tool, marine, engine and industrial products in addition to WeaponShield.

daedong

Its sounds like lanolin spray, which I have used for years, its good stuff, It is a little different to wd40 and in my view is used for slightly different applications. Lanolin is by far a better protectant than wd40, wd40 makes for better penetration for things like rusty bolts
http://www.lanotec.com.au/?link=26

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
WD-40 has an acid base, which is why it's so good at penetrating and loosening stuck/rusty bolts. This also makes it horrible for a long term protectant. I'm a great fan of "Liquid Wrench" made by Gunk. I've hear dof FLuid Film, but never used it. I'm also fond of the Boeshield products for bare metal surfaces.

Bamby

Okay.....now we can give an honest opinion. We received 8 aerosol cans from MowPart last week. We have used Fluid-Film on our overhead door rollers, office chairs, door hinges in 8 trucks, cables on our lawn spreaders, moving parts on our PG ride-ons, rusted (frozen) parts on previously unused parts on other stuff that now work again, as well as our push spreaders.

I sprayed it on all moving parts of our two PG units. Now the cable for the deflector shield works for the first time in years ............. on top of that, the cable was only sprayed once last week, and it still moves freely (until now, that was unheard of). We used to fight shifting gears on our PG's cuz they always got tight & hard to shift............not any more.

My boss dropped off 2 of the 8 cans to our local mechanics............now they plan to order Fluid Film as a permanent tool for their businesses too.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you so much for this very fine product. WD-40 & the rest just don't last or hold up. We're sold on it, and I'm sure the news will spread. Mason.

My right-hand-man employee (Mason) is sold on it, but.........today I checked in with our two most-used mechanics that we gave cans to. Both say they want more, cuz Fluid-Film is heads above anything else they have used in the past. One of these mechanics has already ordered Fluid-Film thru ebay, and the other wants our remaining cans.........I said No way--buy your own. It's rare that a product comes along that replaces tried & true products, but Fluid-Film surely does. Trust me, americanlawn
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
i can speak on this for him. i use pb alot! i tried the FF on alot of differnt things and its works wonders just this morning i had 2 padlocks that were jamming from rust 1 little squirt in each lock with the FF and it freed them right up and lubes the lock at the same time. i also used it on my power wheel barrow the pull start was jamming up from it being left out side untouched for almost a year a few squirts on the spring and its as good as new. i have not tried it on any truely rusted out bolts but im sure it will work great. would also work great spraying down your buckets on loaders to stop surface rust. this is truely a great product im a huge fan. and it goes along way to. its also thicker then pb or wd40 so it sits on the spot you spray it for longer rather then just running off the surface.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As you can see from the above examples it sounds like a real wonder. I personally hate rusty shovels and axes to work with for instance. Sounds as if it would keep table saw top from surface rusting between uses too. I like to buy quality tools to work with and want them to last and be in good usable condition when I need them. And I was thinking this could be a big help in achieving this goal.