• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

cucmbers = bleah

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Dinner tonight was a bacon wrapped filet mignon (rare), new your style cheese sausage, hot link, twice baked potatoes made from scratch, salad, lemonade, and an ice cream sandwich.
unfortunately, what i thought were onions in the salad were actually cucumber pieces, so for the past 2 hours i've been reliving that part of the meal.
it wouldn't be so bad if I remotely liked cucumbers in any form other than pickled. (and since i discovered bread and butter jalapeno slices, I'm not even going after pickles so much any more)

no point to this, just wanted to whine.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I am told that there are two varieties of cucumber, the 'burp' variety and a non 'burp' variety, it is obvious which one you had. I don't mind cucumber, but I hate celery, so you have my sympathy for what it is worth! Hope you feel better by the time you read this.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
actually, both of them do it to me.
and you have my sympathy on the celery thing - my wife is actually allergic to the nasty stuff.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's Onions for me - any time I eat onions I end up re-living them for hours afterwards.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's Onions for me - any time I eat onions I end up re-living them for hours afterwards.

I won't eat onions unless batter fried. Any other form and I get sick on them. Two nights ago my wife fried some in a pan and stunk up the house. The smell got me so bad I had to go outside.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love onions. :D But cucumbers are another story. They give me the worst heartburn so I stay clear of them unless they fool me like they did you Erik.

My wife makes a cucumber salad with vinegar and onions that is GREAT. And I can eat those with no heart burn side affects. Go figure. :confused:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess I'm an odd one.
I love cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches... love onions raw or batter fried, and cucumber and onion salad too ( a big summer time thing around here)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I love onions. :D But cucumbers are another story. They give me the worst heartburn so I stay clear of them unless they fool me like they did you Erik.

My wife makes a cucumber salad with vinegar and onions that is GREAT
. And I can eat those with no heart burn side affects. Go figure. :confused:

:thumb: I bet the vinegar tames your stomach acid..;)

Abby

Doc's right, it's good stuff! Recipe follows:

2 cucumbers sliced extremely thin (use a mandolin slicer)
1 onion sliced the same way

Cover with cold water and 4-5 tablespoonfuls of salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain but do not rinse. Add equal parts sugar, water and vinegar. I like to cover the cucumbers completely so I will add 1/2 cup of everything listed above. It's a good summertime side dish.

American Woman

Site Supporter

Cover with cold water and 4-5 tablespoonfuls of salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain but do not rinse. Add equal parts sugar, water and vinegar. I like to cover the cucumbers completely so I will add 1/2 cup of everything listed above. It's a good summertime side dish.
This sounds good to me too :thumb: I love onions any way they come, and cucumbers.
So Eric you still got the "farts" in class today :yum:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

:pat: My wife makes and eats this like there is no tomorrow. Between the onions and raw radishes she eat. Oh and hard boiled eggs. I am the one that pays for it in end.

Cityboy

Banned
:pat: My wife makes and eats this like there is no tomorrow. Between the onions and raw radishes she eat. Oh and hard boiled eggs. I am the one that pays for it in end.

Are you accusing Princess of excess flatulation? :fart2::fart1::fart: Everybody knows women don't fart.:liar::rolleyes:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Are you accusing Princess of excess flatulation? :fart2::fart1::fart: Everybody knows women don't fart.:liar::rolleyes:

Me? Never :hide:

We all know they don't fart or burp, therefore they must BITCH.:whistling:

I expect to feel the Radish wrath tonight....:censored:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
This sounds good to me too :thumb: I love onions any way they come, and cucumbers.
So Eric you still got the "farts" in class today :yum:
pbttt...
not farts -- belches.
cucumber flavored ones.
and they cleared up by the time i went to breakfast -- guess they couldn't compete with the scrambled eggs, diced taters, melted cheese, and salsa i had...

Trakternut

Around here, the cuke salad is made much the way described above, except, instead of the dressing mentioned here, cream, thinned with a bit of milk, w/a tad of sugar makes the topping. Damn! I'm hungry again!:unsure:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Guess I'm an odd one.
I love cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches... love onions raw or batter fried, and cucumber and onion salad too ( a big summer time thing around here)
I've known that for months - it's part of why I like you. :tongue:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Are you accusing Princess of excess flatulation? Everybody knows women don't fart.
:flowers: That's right!

they don't fart or burp, therefore they must BITCH.:whistling:
Yeah, I saw this.......Men bitch when they don't get laid :mrgreen:
Erik, hitting on two of the gals in FF at once is really in bad taste. 'Sides, I want 'em both, myself! :neutral:
It must have been Ice Queen or Abby because no has hit on me in here:bb:
Now my feelings are hurt:sad:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Women can't fart. Their mouths don't say shut long enough to build any pressure!!!!

Well, your not to far from our place, how about coming over to our place for supper some night. I thinks I can prove you wrong cause around here both happens :folf2:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
It must have been Ice Queen or Abby because no has hit on me in here:bb:
Now my feelings are hurt:sad:

now i'm feeling a bit insulted.
you didn't notice me flirting with you?
or redneck offing me bodily death and perforation?
DANG! my technique must be slippin'!

and even i know better than to hit on Abby - doc would probably banish any pieces she left...