• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS Bombardier SW-48 extended track and groomer

russ1111sled

Located in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. 1980's. Ford 6 cylinder. rebuilt carb. Tracks widened and in good shape. Runs well. Heater lights etc. Gas guage not operative. Includes 6x14 drag that is a Mogul Master knock off. Drag has 4 sprung loaded blades, pan, electric front and back elevators and rear wheels for road crossing. Great for narrow trails. Steers well and has lots of power. Block plug for cold weather. Good battery and good cold weather starter. Solid tires in good shape. Diff fluid changed recently.
Extras parts include brake liners and some grousers. Has been used to groom 6 mile dog sled trail few times each year.

Hydraulic blade front - can push huge amount of snow. Winch.

$9,500 Canadian dollars machine and drag

Mandatory pictures will be posted shortly.

russ1111sled

:wow:cool cat photo.JPG

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
But can you lift the blade all the way up, bury the right stick in your thigh and take off across that deep unplowed snow?? Are the tracks wide enough to support the weight??

SW 48's are no light weight, but sure are a great little work horse.

Regards, Kirk

russ1111sled

Kirk thanks for your interest in my SW-48.

I cannot bury the stick in my thigh as the brakes are in good shape and do not have that kind of play (or my thighs are too small lol)

Your point is whether this machine can go deep I think.
If I am pulling the drag I cannot venture into four feet of untracked snow, I have to lay a track first.

We get lots of snow here in northern Saskatchewan, multiple feet (4-5 feet this winter) and I keep a track groomed. I can head into deep snow (knee to thigh deep - these are Loni Anderson leg sizes) without drag and continue. It is not completely floating but not sinking either.

This machine is great for its purpose and is not intended to go into the 8-10 foot deep snow - unless you need it plowed....
This machine out plows my bob cat and is a chick magnet. Just ask Loni.

gleno97

Your SW looks awesome!! Looks like you cut down a set of tracks from another machine. What kind of tracks did you use to make this happen? Looks like it works well. Nice Job.

Okanagan

I just send you a PM and hope you got it.

I'm interested in buying your SW48.

Thanx, Peter (aka "Okanagan")