• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

K for Krusty ?

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
In my search for a Tucker I found a tracked machine and on the the front grill there is a large letter K in a circle. Is this a Kristy? I also found a Tucker looking machine that has LMC on the side of it. Does anyone know what this might be? Both machines are in poor condition and you would have to be kinda desperate to restore them. Thanks for any info!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Kristi logo is actually a rectangle with the word "KRISTI" spelled out and is located on the front of a KT 2 or KT 3 and acts as a grill for the air intake.

The tractor company Kubota has a stylized K in a circle, but I don't think they ever made a snowcat. They do make some tracked equipment.

Not sure about the LMC (Logan Machine Corp)

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, It does say Kassabohrer on the side. Cab is painted red. It has very wide tracks (to me anyway). On the other machine does DMC Canada make any sense? That was the decal on the plow blade. Maybe the decal on the machine is partially damaged on the frame. Thanks!

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It looked like it seats two with a bed in back. I would say as big as a Thiokol Spryte. Maybe just a touch smaller.

Dr. Zaugg

The Kassbohrer is very likely a 145. That was the first machine they made. Second machine was the 170. The other machine is anyones guess. Pictures will tell the story.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Well the ski area is closed for the season and I had to sneak around out back to see the machines. The LMC looks similar to a Tucker but has a single large track on each side. The hood was stuck shut so I couldn't see the engine. A friend knows the owner and he said he would try to contact him. Sorry didn't have my camera.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Get some pics if you can. Old and rusty to some might be gold to others especially for parts.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim look for me on bering sea gold under the ice this year they filmed a lot of footage the last 3 weeks. pulling shacks off the ice and moving operations around.