• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

More Craigslist stupidity.

Bannedjoe

I still have a motorcycle for sale.

Many times all the scammers want is an email address to do whatever it is they do with other's emails addy's.
Most likely spam or sell them.

These one's are so stupid.

Do you still have the bike? Please let me know Im interested in buying but to get to you I have to drive for about 2 1/2 hours

Would you like to send your email address? The craigslist sucks at times. If you don't receive a response from me
contact me again.

Looking forward!
Yes, I still have the bike.

Next day:
I keep trying to msg you instead all emails come back with 'Post you are responding is not active'. Can you provide me your direct email?

First of all, why would I give a flying fck about how far this guy has to drive, and what does that have to do with anything?
Second, and most of all, if my reply messages aren't getting through to the scammer using CL reply, how is sending another message with my email address going to get through?

Bunch of dumbasses.

Selling shit is hard.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've had good luck selling via text message. I always figured email accounts are free and so easy to get ...so I avoid dealing with anyone serious over those. I give my cell number and if they call or text I have their cell number. Something that can be tracked back to them. I've never had a problem selling that way.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
When the spammers hit me on craigs list I just message back" show up with cash and it's yours!!".

Bannedjoe

I've had good luck selling via text message. I always figured email accounts are free and so easy to get ...so I avoid dealing with anyone serious over those. I give my cell number and if they call or text I have their cell number. Something that can be tracked back to them. I've never had a problem selling that way.

I'm not sure which is worse to have blown up, your email or your phone.