• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got Accosted at Sam's Club

Bamby

Got accosted at the door as I entered Sam's. Seems they had or have a problem with customers trying to enter the store without a mask.

I politely asked if they would provide me a mask because I didn't own one.

I was told they didn't have any to provide customers.

I suggest they open a box and give me the rest of the box and I'll pay on my way out.

I was told they didn't have any masks to sell.

I then just looked at him and seen he had also come to the realization this was an exercise in frustration and he waved me into the store.....

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I think a lot of Zealatious over reaction is going to occur.
Sam's Club in Wentzville Mo,,,;no issue. Most people in the store did not wear a mask.

The Schnucks Grocery chain seems to have a problem deciding on procedures. Each time I visit they have the checkout lines set up differently.
Today I could not even have a cart unless the clerk sanitized it.

However, the bread shelves were completely full.
As was the dairy.
And, they did have two brands of TP on the shelf.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got accosted at the door as I entered Sam's. Seems they had or have a problem with customers trying to enter the store without a mask.

I politely asked if they would provide me a mask because I didn't own one.

I was told they didn't have any to provide customers.

I suggest they open a box and give me the rest of the box and I'll pay on my way out.

I was told they didn't have any masks to sell.

I then just looked at him and seen he had also come to the realization this was an exercise in frustration and he waved me into the store.....

Next time show up wearing a gas mask. That will catch their eye. :th_lmao:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an m-17 nbc mask and I have been entertaining the idea of wearing it to. if every one else is over reacting I might as well add to the hysteria.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If I understand the new order from the governor of Illinois, I believe anyone who is out of there home, in public, in the state of Illinois will now be required to wear a mask until the order is lifted.

And I wonder how they will deal with the homeless? Or the people who simply don't know because, and let's be honest, 99.9% of the population don't watch the governor's press conferences and maybe 10% watch the news.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think a lot of Zealatious over reaction is going to occur.
Sam's Club in Wentzville Mo,,,;no issue. Most people in the store did not wear a mask.

The Schnucks Grocery chain seems to have a problem deciding on procedures. Each time I visit they have the checkout lines set up differently.
Today I could not even have a cart unless the clerk sanitized it.

However, the bread shelves were completely full.
As was the dairy.
And, they did have two brands of TP on the shelf.

They aren't really enforcing wearing masks here in the stores.
I do, last time I was at Walmart I'd say half the people I saw were wearing them.

The only things running low was the fresh meat section. Plenty of turkey products and ground beef. No steaks, pork chops and very little chicken.
Butter, lots of it. Margarine- none!
Bread, tp, cleaning products, milk... all in normal supply.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In PA, you're required to wear a mask in public areas or face $1000 fine.

Bamby

In PA, you're required to wear a mask in public areas or face $1000 fine.

Interesting the Sam's in question is in Pa. and nothing about a fine was mentioned.

And as PG was mentioning there was very little beef and chicken for that matter available in the store. And not a pound of ground beef could be had. The beef selection amounted to a modest selection of some pretty pricey steaks and a few roasts.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
If I understand the new order from the governor of Illinois, I believe anyone who is out of there home, in public, in the state of Illinois will now be required to wear a mask until the order is lifted.

And I wonder how they will deal with the homeless? Or the people who simply don't know because, and let's be honest, 99.9% of the population don't watch the governor's press conferences and maybe 10% watch the news.

All good questions. One that occurred to me was what about the people who didn't have a stock of masks at the beginning of this? They certainly can't get them now. Some of the face coverings that I've seen people wearing are just a token and absolutely useless.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I had an interesting thought the other day.

'Way back when I was working for a living, the oil company that I worked for brought 2 guys and their families over to Dallas from Russia for 6 months "training". When they first arrived they, quite literally, on a Sunday used to drag the grocery stores. They had never seen so much merchandise and choice in a food store in their lives. They were amazed that Americans had so much and it was everywhere. It was like Christmas to them.

I wondered what they would be thinking today?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I had an interesting thought the other day.

'Way back when I was working for a living, the oil company that I worked for brought 2 guys and their families over to Dallas from Russia for 6 months "training". When they first arrived they, quite literally, on a Sunday used to drag the grocery stores. They had never seen so much merchandise and choice in a food store in their lives. They were amazed that Americans had so much and it was everywhere. It was like Christmas to them.

I wondered what they would be thinking today?

Obvious those blokes were not used to Capitalism.

leadarrows

I have 3 of these we use when we are grinding drywall but I have not worn one to town.....yet.....lol

I have thought about wearing one when I drive around.

It has filters on either side I don't have on it for that picture.

I don't go out much and work mostly on the farm so I really have not noticed any difference in my life at all. I did go play pool once in a while and I joined a health club one week before it closed. How's that for timing. :)

I don't know why this is sideways.

Attachments

• CF3270B6-26F3-4839-87E2-B7372333FD38.jpeg
    CF3270B6-26F3-4839-87E2-B7372333FD38.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I fixed it.

I don't know why this is sideways.

I don’t either. I know the forum software hasn’t changed for years but the operating systems on Android, iOS, and Windows all have had several updates over the years and some where the picture orientation information has gotten out of sync

Jim

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
They aren't really enforcing wearing masks here in the stores.
I do, last time I was at Walmart I'd say half the people I saw were wearing them.

The only things running low was the fresh meat section. Plenty of turkey products and ground beef. No steaks, pork chops and very little chicken.
Butter, lots of it. Margarine- none!
Bread, tp, cleaning products, milk... all in normal supply.

Most fresh meat has been available here. One Pound 81% burger in vacuum packaging was a hot item but I never buy burger. With one exception; Sam's usually has 93% lean preformed burgers. I seldom buy anything else.

But all they've had lately was the vacuum packs. So, I grind from lean prime cuts. Eye of round in equal measure with Chuck makes a great, flavorful burger.
My grinder is manual so it its a bit of a chore to do. However, a powered unit would be useless in a disaster situation.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I did order my Guy Fawkes mask a while ago - I hope it shows up before we are required to wear "masks".

41ihlIkJcvL._SX90_.jpg