• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

st small 4.00 -4 tires

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If your just looking for the tire check the aiircraft tires.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
JimVt has some great snow conditons:brows: His is "the" "lucky dog" of the forum....

Say Jim, could you be more spacific with the airplane tires? I might need some....Size as well as were to buy?

The scooter tire maybe a European thing, as that's where it came from?? don't know.

I have recieve e mails form a fellow in Sweden who says he can get the original trellaborgs. He also suggests that the bigger the order, the better the price. Are you or anyone else here interested in placing a group order? He maybe able to get the large tires as well...

Thanks to Google translator, it looks like it could actually happen. PM me if anyone is interested.....

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have the details or if it works but sometime back someone said a tail wheel aircraft tire fit.
Maybe check the homebuilt aircraft suppliers??
The new spares I have are SECURA 4.00 4

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
aviall has them they are an aircraft tail wheel and you can get them in up to 6 ply ratings

vtmtnbob

funny :) i did find one at:

Message: I am looking ro a 4.00 - 4 tire, the one i have measures 3" wide 11.25" diameter with a 1/2" center hole. is this the same: http://www.desser.com/store/products/400%252d4-8-PLY-AERO-CLASSIC-TIRE-AIRCRAFT-TIRE.html

they replied promptly that the tire they have will fit, $56.95 not sure how much shipping will be. at the moment my rig is not going any where :( Yesterday i took her out of the garage after warming up. turned around and backed up to my drag, hooked the drag up and then once i gave it gas she died. continued doing that until i gave up.

as an emergency fix on my St, I used steel caster wheels with thin rubber "tires" off some type of rolling platform that a local sawmill wasn't using any more - same OD as the original tires - they worked so well, I never did replace them - ( and they were FREE!!! lol )

R

Reddog

Bob,
I got several 6 ply, ribbed 4.00-4 tires with my rig. I don't need them all and would be happy to sell a couple/few. How many do you need, that is if you still need any....

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi doug, I actually have the VTBob machine now, I may be interested in a pair of two.

Mike

Whoaisaywhoa

SUPER Site Supporter
Howdy FFers, well, I put this sting off for a long time. Someone stop me before I buy a pile of tires and tubes.... best google price I found with free shipping. Other options a step up from circular plywood?

11/400-5 8 PLY AERO CLASSIC NEW 2 GROOVE RIB TT/TL (DTR5582)
SKU: DTR5582
$71.55
11/400-5 AERO CLASSIC INNER TUBE TR-87 (DTR20-400)
SKU: DTR20-400
$17.95

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had bought all of the trelleborg 400-4 tires left made in srilanka. Tried to buy the mold. No longer being made. I’m keeping some sold over 300 of them
Aircraft tailwheel best tire made still, some are 8 ply

Whoaisaywhoa

SUPER Site Supporter
Howdy Jim, I am compelled to look at these solid forklift tires as well. I am running out of spare tires... Solid sounds pretty good. I may have missed the part number and complete size including height for my search engine. I assume 4.00 11 4? Did you buy local?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy Jim, I am compelled to look at these solid forklift tires as well. I am running out of spare tires... Solid sounds pretty good. I may have missed the part number and complete size including height for my search engine. I assume 4.00 11 4? Did you buy local?
i ordered them but not sure if local or not. i kept the top small tire that holds the track up as an air one . 4.00 4 SC 10
DSC00690.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

Whoaisaywhoa

SUPER Site Supporter
Jim, I believe that you right, the Continental 4.00 SC10 Super Elastic solid forklift tire looks like a good durable road tire for Snow Trac. I wish it was well, a Trelleborg 522 when I think about side hills and tougher turns. I was going to say a bit wider where it meets the track. Couple questions for you:
1. They don't list the height of the tire? Could you take a measure?
2. And in your experience couple seasons, does the rubber tend to take a set when parked like the foam filled Trelleborgs and then round out as you get going next season?
Thanks for sharing!

Option #2 for original ST 4" wheels

Continental 4.00 SC10 Super Elastic forklift tire $94.91 free shipping to Auburn, WA 3 weeks out.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim, I believe that you right, the Continental 4.00 SC10 Super Elastic solid forklift tire looks like a good durable road tire for Snow Trac. I wish it was well, a Trelleborg 522 when I think about side hills and tougher turns. I was going to say a bit wider where it meets the track. Couple questions for you:
1. They don't list the height of the tire? Could you take a measure?
2. And in your experience couple seasons, does the rubber tend to take a set when parked like the foam filled Trelleborgs and then round out as you get going next season?
Thanks for sharing!

Option #2 for original ST 4" wheels

Continental 4.00 SC10 Super Elastic forklift tire $94.91 free shipping to Auburn, WA 3 weeks out.
expensive suckers ,i couldn't fine my paperwork from when i bought them. the first two was from a forklift shop off of ebay .leftover new ones i was told. then after realizing that they worked i had to order from a dealer.
i kept the top track holder tire on the track an air one. i have deflated it at times to get more slack in the track.
12" tall and no flat spots from setting.

Whoaisaywhoa

SUPER Site Supporter
Let's see, Trelleborg 522's are diameter 11.625"/2=5.8125" and SC10's 12"/2=6". 6"-5.8125"=.375" increased lift on 4 tires per side. My track adjusters have about 3/4", I'm thinking a little less air like Jim and close enough for Snot Trackers - what could go wrong?