• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2003 SW48 oil pressure perkins 4 cyl diesel

Snowman48

Hey all...may have a big problem here. No oil pressure. Dummy light is on and alarming. Engine fired up and shut off. Removed oil filter, didn't find any metal specs, shavings, etc BUT did find fuzz like material in filter. Took it to our city mechanics(my machine is an ex city sidewalk plow) and the consensus is someone left a paper shop rag in engine during a rebuild. Far as I know, engine was rebuilt several years ago. I haven't done anything that would entail getting a shop cloth inside the engine ! Not sure how or why it ran so long but not running now. Need to pull oil pan and investigate pump. Does anyone know how to access the oil pan? Any suggestions?

Weird....

PJL

Before you do all that connect a real oil pressure guage where the sender is screwed in. That will tell you if the sender is the culprit and what the oil pressure really is.

Snowman48

Before you do all that connect a real oil pressure guage where the sender is screwed in. That will tell you if the sender is the culprit and what the oil pressure really is.

Great idea but engine wont run. Engine safety shut off engaged due to low or no oil pressure. Oil level is good. Ill try it anyway to see if gauge fluctuates while cranking.