• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pure Chineseium

Bannedjoe

A long time friend traveled from Minasoda to spend a week at my place.
He's like 95% legally blind, but one hell of a horseshoe fanatic.
(he kicks ass!)

So in honor of his visit, I built a horseshoe court, and bought a set of shoes from Amazon.
The seller claimed high performance cast iron.

2 games in, it became painfully obvious they were made from High grade Chineseium.

I did get them to give me my money back, without having to return them.

I should have read the reviews, but who the hell would even question horseshoes?

I wrote a scathing review telling them that companies like themselves are what's wrong with America today.

Amazon sent me a nastygram, deleted my review, and told me it was strike one.
An unexpected trip to Big 5 solved the problem, but wasted half a day of my friend's trip.
But other than that we had a great time!

Attachments

• IMG_1333.JPG
    IMG_1333.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1335.JPG
    IMG_1335.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 189

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If you want to play the old fashioned way get some actual draft horseshoes which are made of mild steel, which won't break, and are probably far cheaper.
Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you want to play the old fashioned way get some actual draft horseshoes which are made of mild steel, which won't break, and are probably far cheaper.
Mike

I agree with this, as cast iron is to brittle for such use. Pound on cast iron with a steel hammer and breakage results.

Any good horse supply store (IE farm and home store lol) should have them on hand.

Regards, Kirk

Bannedjoe

I agree with this, as cast iron is to brittle for such use. Pound on cast iron with a steel hammer and breakage results.

Any good horse supply store (IE farm and home store lol) should have them on hand.

Regards, Kirk

The way my town works, I'm pretty sure the local horse supply wouldn't have any in stock.
And they're probably like everyone else.

Don't open until 10am, go to lunch at 12:00.
Back at 1:00 closed at 3:00, doesn't stock anything, and are only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If you want a real challenge buy some pony shoes!! If you know someone with a forge and anvil make your own from flat bar.

Mike

Bannedjoe

If you want a real challenge buy some pony shoes!! If you know someone with a forge and anvil make your own from flat bar.

Mike

Fortunately, as previously stated, I got a good set from Big 5, so I'm good to go.
The thought did occur to me to find a cowboy and steal the shoes off his horse though!
NlQpbC7.gif