• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Movie review "Brokeback Mountian"

working woman

Site Supporter
You knew it was comming

Attachments

• movie.gif
    movie.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 155
  • movie 1.gif
    movie 1.gif
    42.2 KB · Views: 157
  • movie 2.gif
    movie 2.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 154

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Kubota King said:
Well, thanks for the warning, I'll be sure not to go see it

I hear that it has explicit sex scenes in it as well. I'd have to say from what I hear, ole Jake and Heath have made permanent career moves in doing that fag flick.

OkeeDon

This conversation recently took place between my wife and I:

Betsy: "I'd like to see Brokeback Mountain."
Don: "Who 'ya thinking of seeing it with?"
Betsy: "You, of course."
Don: "Nope, not me."
Betsy: "Why? You're tolerant of gays."
Don: "I'm a tolerant homophobe. I'm tolerant of gays as long as I don't have to watch them having sex."

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Don: "I'm a tolerant homophobe. I'm tolerant of gays as long as I don't have to watch them having sex."

Bingo. After reading the write ups on the movie, that is what will definitely keep me from ever being curious as to why so many people like the movie.

Kubota King

OkeeDon said:

:yum:

riptides

"I havent heard anything about the movie yet but I take it its a gay cowboy movie??"

More like cowpoke movie. Right up somepeoples alley.

-Mike Z. :drink:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:

My sister has several gay friends and we've had one of them stay with us when he was in town. I've been out with straights and gays socially. But I pretty much draw the line at touching or watching. I don't really care what you do behind your closed door. I don't want to watch, heck I don't even want to ask. I have no desire to watch the movie. I think Don/Betsy's conversation above is an excellent way to describe my feelings.

Kubota King

B_Skurka said:
My sister has several gay friends and we've had one of them stay with us when he was in town. I've been out with straights and gays socially. But I pretty much draw the line at touching or watching. I don't really care what you do behind your closed door. I don't want to watch, heck I don't even want to ask. I have no desire to watch the movie. I think Don/Betsy's conversation above is an excellent way to describe my feelings.

Well said Bob, Ditto for me also. I have a few gay customers & one of them is a great guy! We get along well. He makes great conversation.
A friend of mine who is hetero has a best friend who is gay. They ski together, travel together, etc, etc. Bear in mind that the hetero guy is married. Last winter the two of them went to Colorado to ski. They get to there hotel room in Colorado & find there is one queen size bed! Ed (the straight guy) goes down to the front desk & tells them that it was supposed to be a 2 twin bed room. The women behind the counter tell him she is sorry for the mistake but that they wouldnt be able to provide a different room till the next day. Now Ed doesnt want to offend his gay friend & his gay friend has always been respectful that Ed is straight. So Ed decided to share the bed with his friend. During the night while asleep, Ed starts dreaming that his gay friend is touching him, so in his dream he punches his friend & yells "knock it off!" Well, the next morning Ed thought was a bad dream. Then, at breakfast his friend says to him " why the hell did you punch me in the gut & hell "knock it off?" Ed replied " Oh Chit, did that really happen?" He friend replied " yeah, I was sleeping & all of a sudden you punched me hard & yelled at me!"

beds

I have a gay couple that live next to me. They're in their twenties and are very nice. One of them is in a band and my wife and I go out socially with them when we see the band. And they sneak kisses and hugs before the band starts and I have absolutely no problem with it. In fact, I enjoy that they are displaying their affection in public!

This is, of course, the old double standard! Sarah and Jan are every man's dream neighbours!

:D

humor_me

beds said:
I have a gay couple that live next to me. They're in their twenties and are very nice. One of them is in a band and my wife and I go out socially with them when we see the band. And they sneak kisses and hugs before the band starts and I have absolutely no problem with it. In fact, I enjoy that they are displaying their affection in public!

This is, of course, the old double standard! Sarah and Jan are every man's dream neighbours!

:D

I think most people are much more tolerant of female homos than male homos. Something about two women together doesn't see too wrong:weneedpic ; but seeing two men together:puke1: :puke1: :puke1: . Our family was in the music business for many years and we had customers of both genders who were gay. Yet, we knew many of the musicians for many, many years, even though we knew them, to see the gay men together just seemed so wrong.
They were for the most part very quiet, sociable people. Not like the Jerry Springer Show at all.
As long as they don't try their plays on the young and impressionable people, they can do what they want.
I can see why most of the extremely religious people want them to conform or else:
F'instance;
My car battery has two posts on it, one positive and one negative and it works fine.
When you make a battery with two positives or two negatives work, then we can talk about homo being normal!!!

That's how I feel.:applause: :tiphat:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
humor_me said:
Something about two women together doesn't see too wrong
Before I was married, I considered that double wrong!:mad: What a waste!:(
Of course, by that theory two guys should have been a good thing, but :puke1:

Nowdays, I don't really care what anyone wants to do in their own bedroom, but I don't need to hear about it.