• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cool Teardrop

RedRocker

Saw one of these on the road last weekend, only about 25 of
this model have been built so it was a rare sighting.
pic38.jpg

http://home.centurytel.net/edevold/index.htm

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Teardrops are enjoying a huge rebirth of popularity these days...and a price to match. :pat:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
First time i have seen a teardrop....would love to own one.
Look around on the internet. They were originally the solution to towing a camper with a low-horsepower car; then they were superceded by larger trailers when V8's became common in the 1950's. I've thought about one but like RR said they are surprisingly expensive now.

We used a small tent trailer when the kids were little, and we camped regardless of weather, just to get out of the house. Now with just a Focus Wagon and a Subaru I'm not sure I'll ever take the trailer on the long trips we used to make. (Death Valley, Yellowstone, Victoria BC, and the Nevada desert a lot.)

Easter week 1999, Fort Churchill NV. Last family camping trip together before Older Daughter departed for college, and last time the trailer was out. Beautiful country, but a little chilly for sleeping on the ground.
PIC00384fortchurchill2.jpg

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
shiver me timbers.....had a trailer tent very much like that a few years back.

never been camping in the cold weather but eh it looks great fun.....thanks for the picture looks like fun.

now i think i need to start pulling out the camping gear as summer is on the way.:thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Going to the city to pick up our new 31ft Jayco camper in the morning. We bought it last fall from a dealer there but they stored it for us there for the winter. Should be a little more comfortable than the old 19 ft'er we had for the past two years. Before we had that, we had a little homemade tent trailer that was so light you could almost pull it behind a motorcycle. It was canvas and had a double bed that folded out on each side and another double that folded out over the tongue.

Staying on topic of this post though, there was a few new teardrop campers parked next to mine at the dealership when I bought it last fall. They did look kinda neat and would be alright for a couple travelling with no kids but for $13,000..........a little bit pricy considering I paid nearly the same for mine.

Attachments

• 17695 023.jpg
    17695 023.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 209
  • GERALDTON 001.jpg
    GERALDTON 001.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 204
  • GERALDTON 002.jpg
    GERALDTON 002.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 202

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Teardrop does look like it would be very easy to tow. Rather stylish also. I'd never seen one before. That one looks new. are they making new ones now, or is that a restoration?

Brian, I'm like you, while the Teardrop looks neat, I'd opt for the space if I was in the market for one. That's why we got a BIG houseboat. Love the space.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If they've got any on the lot when I'm there tomorrow picking mine up, I'll take a few pics and post them. They do make new teardrops but they aren't like the one first posted in this thread.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow...I think that is bigger than Sushi's apartment!

It is big inside. The kids now have their own room in the back with bunkbeds and we've got our own room with a queen bed. What a difference it makes with a slide out. My bro has a 35ft'er with no slide. Ours seems so much bigger inside. It'll be so much more enjoyable out at the lake this summer with room to move around inside the camper. Our old one had the table in front that turns into a bed, double bed on bottom in the back and a single on top. Made it interesting in the morning when it's time to tunr the bed back into a table with two kids running around in 4 ft of walking space.

RedRocker

There are quite a few companies building new teardrops. On the link in my first post are some links to other manufacturers as well as other models a bit more affordable.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
If you do a search for teardrop trailers on the net, you will find all kinds of manufacturers and even free build-it-yourself plans. One set of plans I found is based on a Harbor Freight trailer.

Here's a link to a plan I like...

http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear50.htm

And here's some random pictures off the net..

Attachments

• teardrop-trailer-and-car.jpg
    teardrop-trailer-and-car.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 24285702.jpg
    24285702.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 24285687.jpg
    24285687.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 24285642.jpg
    24285642.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
When I was in the city yesterday picking up my new camper, I looked around the yard to see if they had any teardrop campers in stock so I could take a few pics but they didn't have any, so here's a link to the ones they normally have.

http://www.tab-rv.com/