• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new irlp node

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i dropped the money on a irlp card and now have the newest node in alaska the node number is 7107 once the computer is put together and gets here i will post some pics.those of you i urge you all who have vhf and uhf privalages to find out if you have access to nodes to tune in to reflector 9070 shout out around the world .

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the update dds. I'll get back atcha just as soon as I get your post interpreted. :whistling: I started looking up that IRLP stuff, but it's gonna take this Cleveland hillbilly awhile to decipher what all that means and how it works. The ink is still wet on my license, but I did order a 70cm HT to go along with my 2m HT. After pricing a dual band unit I decided to just get this one for $50.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The 6-digit node number is assigned when you register with Echolink.org . The number will be assigned to you once your call sign has been verified, and you will then be given the opportunity to upgrade to a 4 or 5 digit number for a fee. EchoLink is free to hams with a valid call sign. If you have a Mac you can go to http://echomac.sourceforge.net/ to download the software written for OSX. there is also a free app for android phones, iPhones and iPod Touch which lets you communicate that way. I downloaded it for my iPod Touch that I got for Christmas. Look for EchoLink in the App Store.

I signed up on Christmas eve and my node # is 557637. I don't think I'll pat for the upgrade to fewer letters. It doesn't mean anything to me other than convenience.

Edit: Excuse me for not welcoming you to ForumsForums. Please fill in your profile and introduce yourself in the introduction therad.

kj4fec

Thanks for the reply. I have echolink already. I was wondering about irlp. How to get a node number for irlp not echolink

Thanks again for your help

I have a 2 meter and 440 linked with a link to a simplex frequency. I also have a dstar repeater not using any icom equipment. It is a hybrid repeater. That is my project that I am finishing

The 6-digit node number is assigned when you register with Echolink.org[/URL
. The number will be assigned to you once your call sign has been verified, and you will then be given the opportunity to upgrade to a 4 or 5 digit number for a fee. EchoLink is free to hams with a valid call sign. If you have a Mac you can go to [URL]http://echomac.sourceforge.net/
to download the software written for OSX. there is also a free app for android phones, iPhones and iPod Touch which lets you communicate that way. I downloaded it for my iPod Touch that I got for Christmas. Look for EchoLink in the App Store.

I signed up on Christmas eve and my node # is 557637. I don't think I'll pat for the upgrade to fewer letters. It doesn't mean anything to me other than convenience.

Edit: Excuse me for not welcoming you to ForumsForums. Please fill in your profile and introduce yourself in the introduction therad.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
to get irlp node number google up the irlp page and purchase an irlp card it will come to you in the mail than you need a 500mhz ot better pentium 3 with a min of 120 megs of memory so a freeby should be easy to come up with and a radio i'm going to use my old alinco dr135 mk2 because the are great node radios the node number is assighned to you when you get the card if you need more help our reagonal irlp aster is dave kl7m you can look him up at qrz .com he also runs the alaska reflector 9070

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the update dds. I'll get back atcha just as soon as I get your post interpreted. :whistling: I started looking up that IRLP stuff, but it's gonna take this Cleveland hillbilly awhile to decipher what all that means and how it works. The ink is still wet on my license, but I did order a 70cm HT to go along with my 2m HT. After pricing a dual band unit I decided to just get this one for $50.

do you have a local ham club i bet they have an irlp node you can get all the control info from them onnce you have tried it you will be hooked world wide coms with fm clarity

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
do you have a local ham club i bet they have an irlp node you can get all the control info from them onnce you have tried it you will be hooked world wide coms with fm clarity
I did meet a ham at my local Amateur Electronics Supply store who invited me to the next meeting of the local club in January. He's actually in the next county over because the club in my county is not interested in recruiting new members. They own the local repeater and sponsor bi-monthly testing, but don't invite the new hams to their club. They appear to be an elitist group (I learned they have $55,000 in their treasury), and I probably wouldn't learn anything there anyway. I'm better suited to a shot-n-beer club.:yum:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
that's ok our big club caters to the croud that goes to councel in the summer and run their repeater network like a comercial operation oh yes they have a gaming permit and donated stuff and they don't approve of experimintaion so that's why i chum up to the smaller newer club the essance of amiture radio is experimentation that's how you learn my next project will be a repeater network to my camp so i can patch in to irlp while moose hunting.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
here are the pics of the new irlp node station node 7107 in nome alaska the audio reports i have recieved have been outstanding and even off my home brew antenna only 15 feet off the ground coverage around town on less than a watt is possable

Attachments

• node 001.jpg
    node 001.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 265
  • node 002.jpg
    node 002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 259

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
irlp for those of you who arn't hams stands for internet radio linking project and it's using a voice over ip ptotocall running on a linux box my conections to the rest of the world have been outstanding actualy better than phone.as compared to oter modes like allstar and echolink irlp is externely reliable and stable