• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cost of goods in 1970

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does this seem right to those who were buying this kind of stuff in 1970?

Attachments

• 1970CostOfLiving-r.jpg
    1970CostOfLiving-r.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 91

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
YES, my '69 chevelle, 396CI 375 HP cost me $2900.

I also had a REAL good paying job at Bell Labs (Remember when AT & T, Western Electric, and Bell Labs were all one company?) that paid considerably more than $2.10

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, I would love to buy a 69 Chevelle 396 for 3k. Wow.

I suppose I was getting $2.10 or less working 15 or so hours at the local bowling alley. I was still in high school so did not pay much attention to the cost of anything but gas, movie tickets and a few other incidentals. :yum:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose I was getting $2.10 or less working 15 or so hours at the local bowling alley. I was still in high school so did not pay much attention to the cost of anything but gas, movie tickets and a few other incidentals. :yum:
The only thing I remember was earning $2.10 in 1972 and worked my way up to $2.30 in 1974.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Does this seem right to those who were buying this kind of stuff in 1970?

Yup, and I was making $383.70 a month as a Second Class Petty Officer. :yum: Life was grand. Free board & Room, free medical, free dental and 30 days paid vacation a year and I thought I had it tough. Sheeesh.