• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The morrels are out!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent a good part of the day picking wild morel mushrooms. Must be a good year, as we filled two grocery sacks, in about 3 hours or so.

I think I have enough to last me for a while, and share with my dad. Unfortunately the rest of my family doesn't enjoy them as I do. Oh well more for me...:wink::biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I love morels, they are plentiful around here, but you just need to know where to look! :smile:

Umberto

Holy cow, Kirk, that is a huge haul. My buddy in Tipton only found 4 mushrooms the other day and usually they get many.

I put them in spaghetti sauce as well as batter fry.

Last year he did find 2 huge hen of the woods.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just had a large plate of Morels and wild asparagus... I finished planting corn this evening,:clap: after a week wait on a drainage tile contractor.:sad:
I used I teaspoon of finely minced onion, and filled the Grisswold No.7 CI skillet with 2 table spoons of butter and a single layer of mushrooms that had been dusted with flour, salt and pepper. Cooked them on both sides till close to done, added about a cup and a half of asparagus pieces, and one third cup heavy cream. Reduced it by half, about 5 min on medium heat. Plated it and some grated parmesan cheese over the top.

Absolute heaven!!:biggrin: Of course anything in a reduced cream sauce is..:wink:

Next time I might add a handful of shrimp to this...:whistling:

And I need to find a few more Morel's too...

Regards, Kirk

Umberto

Shrimp with butter, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan over linguini.... the morels would be a nice touch.

My dad was a soil conservationist and planned tiling. Those were simpler days. I loved going to Sheffield and Rockford for the free tiling toys they gave out.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
at safeway today they had fresh chanterelle mushrooms for $34 a pound. i seen them locally online for $17.