• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

But Obama said he was BRINGING THE TROOPS HOME? Or not!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, lots of people voted for Obama because they MISTAKENLY misunderstood what he said. The thought he said he would reduce troops and pull them out.

What he actually said was that we would pull out troops out when we can, but we were committed to finishing the job. He said the same thing that McCain said, but just used different words and different emphasis. Basically he confused the simple people by delivering a obscured message, those of us who cut through the bull heard his message loud and clear.

Well we are now increasing troop strength. Something I expected.

Army being increased by 22,000

By PAULINE JELINEK, Associated Press Writer
1 hr 49 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced Monday that the size of the Army is being increased temporarily by 22,000 soldiers to help meet the needs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. . .

HarryG

Yup, lots of people voted for Obama because they MISTAKENLY misunderstood what he said. The thought he said he would reduce troops and pull them out.

What he actually said was that we would pull out troops out when we can, but we were committed to finishing the job. He said the same thing that McCain said, but just used different words and different emphasis. Basically he confused the simple people by delivering a obscured message, those of us who cut through the bull heard his message loud and clear.

Well we are now increasing troop strength. Something I expected.

Remember this (one of many) broken promises?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGur8GlFOAc"]YouTube - Obama's Campaign Promise[/ame]

BTW we are up to 190 soldiers killed since the 'chosen one' Barrack Hussein Obama has taken office on 1-20-2009. The list climbs every day.

http://conservativeamerican.org/military/soldiers-who-have-died-since-1202009/

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Not defending BO, but how many politicians have ever kept even a 1/4 of their campaign promises. I've always reminded myself they're all like car salesmen, the only time they aren't lieing is when their lips aren't moving.
Mike

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike, I agree with you, but one thing that I hear (still hear it) from Obama supporters is how he said he was going to pull out and bring the troops home. Many seemingly voted for him largely on that one issue.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, the only time Obama is really going to make "the news", is when he decides to actually do the things he's promised and tell the truth.. for a change.