• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford has a new big block 7.3 liter gass truck eninge for 2020

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
https://www.enginelabs.com/news/the-ford-pushrod-returns-with-the-new-godzilla-7-3l-ohv-big-block/

Finally some one realized we need a truck engine that is bullet proof and simple old school to a point. 442 cubes of pushrod, 2 valve goodness, with tuned port injection.

Ford intends this engine to be very reliable, and long lasting, making it economical to keep on the road. I hope they are successful. Diesel engines in light trucks have been far from that it would seem..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FtNlfAbc2w"]2020 Ford Super Duty 7.3L V8: Here's What You Need to Know! - YouTube[/ame]

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The diesels, for the most part, have either been re-worked gas engines (which are doomed to fail) reworked for cost savings - or - they are technological marvels with excessive computer controls (which are also doomed to fail) due to government emissions regulations.

I'd take a simple diesel over gas any day of the week.

Cat's 3116 was probably one of the last good cheap engines, even that had a lot of computer controls, but it was reliable. Previous generation engines still run strong.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank the EPA and kalifornia for all the excess electronics on diesels. They used to be so simple, economical and long lasting.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My 1999 7.3 liter Power Stroke diesel is still simple, economical and long lasting. It'll probably see me outta here.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The bomb of a year for Diesels was 2007, the year of ultra low sulfur fuel.

Now an international maritime organization is calling for ocean going ships to be required to run low sulfur fuels by 2020. It takes some base fuel stocks 3 trips through the desulfurization process to get enough sulfur out to make it salable under current regulations. This is why it costs more than gasoline today.

Imagine what will happen when bunker oil can not be used in these massive ships to power them around the globe. There will be a planned shortage of fuel when these regulations are put in place. Simply not enough capacity to remove sulfur for all diesel engines. How the heck will we be able to farm, truck, or make roads? Rail Roads? oh yea they have to comply as well...

This is war being waged on the engines that make our economy possible. The fucking Democrats/Global elite's are behind it all the way. Morons.

Regards, Kirk

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hopefully by 2024 all the bugs will be worked out. Maybe I'll trade in my 2004 V-10 then - but maybe not. It's still running great.