• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker headlights

Bait Guy

I'm looking for a original pair of headlights for my 76 Tucker 1542, I have a aftermarket set now but they look like hell on her. Any info even, on how to get maybe a brand new pair would be great.:whistling:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are they the round bucket style ones? One of the Tuckers at the meow had an aftermarket set of chrome bucket styles looked great. Think he got them online. Was the tucker with the awesome v8. 443 might have had some custom pink interior. Should be able to find in one o the pics of the jamboree.

Bait Guy

Yes, they should have the round ones on it, I have a pair of rectangular ones on now and it don't look right. My main concern is getting the right diameter and maybe switching the regular bulb out for a halogen or similar.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pete post a picture of your machine.

I snagged a 1542 and want to compare.. I have some retangle lights on my machine and was thinking I liked them.

Bait Guy

Mike, I'm not near my computer that has pics, however if you go to the forum page from cat clowder of last year and go to page 4 you will see my headlights (from the rear). I will post better pics when I get back.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Late to the discussion...

The closest ones I've found are Grote model 64021. These are the chrome housings only, and you will need to source 7" bulbs and the electrical headlight plug pigtails separately.

Surprisingly nice quality!

Bait Guy

Here is a pic of the lights to be changed out.

Attachments

• js640_IMG_4258.jpg
    js640_IMG_4258.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 246

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Pete, here is Bruces machine......:wink:

:yum:

I doubt they are factory.....

There is 6" yellow lenses facing the rear. these are high low with turns and hazards facing the front....

as well as a full compliment of marker lights

Attachments

• headlights.JPG
    headlights.JPG
    703 KB · Views: 256

Bait Guy

I dont think those are originals either, but I really am interested in the box on the front of that beauty. Old Style, who the hell drinks that????? Except of course there is nothing else. I also see a spot for a winch up front. Hope to see this going this year....

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pure brewed in gods country....

Pork chop in every can.

Because they were sold out of old Milwaukee!

It's on the list for the clowder, not 100% yet but close.
I got all the bugs worked out. 318 is alive. 5 speed shifts like butter, all bogies serviced, you can see the new slider that the box of courage was applied to. Hydraulic pump is installed with copious amounts of help here from fellow ff members.
I am looking forward to the round lights pictures, I was thinking to drop the exo-skeletal frame but most of my buddies seem to like it on there.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Pure brewed in gods country....

Pork chop in every can.

Because they were sold out of old Milwaukee!

Wait a minute...

You live in Wisconsin, home to I don't know how many micro-breweries that make some awesome brews...and your beer of choice is Old Milwaukee???

But back on topic. I looked at the headlights (they look to be original) on a Tucker I recently purchased and the chrome housings are stamped "Grote 6403".

Nemo

Sorry to jump in here, I have been looking for and researching snow trac but now have a chance to buy a tucker snow cat and haven't researched the tucker and as time is of the essence I ask for input on what they are worth. Thanks in advance.

Bait Guy

Here is some photos with the NEW headlights on.

Attachments

• 20151117_142401.jpg
    20151117_142401.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 20151117_142437.jpg
    20151117_142437.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 20151117_142500.jpg
    20151117_142500.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 20151117_142535.jpg
    20151117_142535.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 184

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Much better. What was the final make model part needed for the future? Were they available in black also?

You probably won't be the last one asking.

Bait Guy

I got them on E-bay, using "bucket style headlights" as a keyword, and yes they offer in black for about $10 less. Now for the bad part, these chrome ones set me back $109. Only good thing about that is they also come with halogen bulbs. The model is : EMPI 9305

Last edited:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Bait Guy, That is a good looking Tucker!! The lights do look alot better. If I remember right I at one time had the originals and when i saw your post went and looked but could not find them. Sorry. What is the name of your business now? No more Iron Horse Towing.? Could not quite read writing on door. Hoping for lotsa snow this winter. Your Tucker is looking Good.!!:biggrin:

Bait Guy

Yes I changed the name to " Ice Shanty Retriever" for the reason that I had people ask about OFF ROAD services. The name was sort of deceiving since I had off road towing in it, so I eliminated it and now it is pretty clear what I do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say, I believe you are having a blizzard down your way, hope you are enjoying playing with your monster truck.:smile:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Bad weather is past our area now . Got about a foot up at cabin half that much at house. Have been working on Tucker 443a not much time to play with military truck . Maybe i will get this project done by next year. Hope you get to run your cat alot this season.