• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Scored today...

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Over at the grocery store, they had a table full of donated books for a buck a piece, and the money all goes to the Childrens Miracle Network. So I looked through 'em, found a book chronocling the life and work of a baseball scout, Red Murff, copyright 1996. Neat book as I love baseball. But that's not the book I am going to show you. Found another one, called Electrical Machinery, copyright 1921, and from what I can tell, this book is original, and not a reprint. Pages are nice and yellow, and you can really smell the age. The only date in the book is 1921, but is in decent shape considering the age. Thought you folks might be interested to see it.
First edition :D
book.jpg

book2.jpg

book3.jpg

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Over at the grocery store, they had a table full of donated books for a buck a piece, and the money all goes to the Childrens Miracle Network. So I looked through 'em, found a book chronocling the life and work of a baseball scout, Red Murff, copyright 1996. Neat book as I love baseball. But that's not the book I am going to show you. Found another one, called Electrical Machinery, copyright 1921, and from what I can tell, this book is original, and not a reprint. Pages are nice and yellow, and you can really smell the age. The only date in the book is 1921, but is in decent shape considering the age. Thought you folks might be interested to see it.
First edition :D
book.jpg

book2.jpg

book3.jpg

Cool, having books like that on on your bookshelf will make you look really smart!!

Now get a copy of the Karma Sutra printed in the late 1800's I think, put that copy next to this electrical machinery, and you will have sparks!!! Not to mention the gals will think your smart and a stud... Or not! :yum:

Here is a video version in case you need some pointers of what to look for!:brows:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92H6Nj8uf6g&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Kama Sutra - YouTube[/ame]

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Good find Rusty, you might look to see if it says what "Impression" is. Not sure that makes any difference OR what it means. Heres one on Ebay that sounds like the same book , looks like a different color then yours though. FYI Ebay is a good place to sell old books if thats what you have in mind. :wink:

This is a rare and hard to find publication. "This book is the 1st edition 16th impression, by F.A. Annett, published by McGraw-Hill Book Co in 1921." "A practical study course on installation, operation and maintenience..........." This book, for it's age, is in remarkable condition. The hardcover and spine are in very good condition with some slight shelf/storage wear. There is a pencil price inscription on the inside cover. I found no missing, torn, creased, highlighted or soiled pages. The pages are tanning.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electrical-...736?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item19c34333f8

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Heya, Cowpoke, thanks for the link. I never got around to searching it on eBay yet. Not sure what the 16th impression refers to though. mayb have to go google this puppy now :D

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
i have read that book many times over out in the garden with a glass of iced tea...page 31 and the coverage of "Temperature analogy of battery cell's" i really did find fascinating,and when you get to page 76 things really heat up with the subject of "Mechanical Equivalent of Heat".

you are a lucky boy Rusty...can we later have a debate on different areas of the book:yum::yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i have read that book many times over out in the garden with a glass of iced tea...page 31 and the coverage of "Temperature analogy of battery cell's" i really did find fascinating,and when you get to page 76 things really heat up with the subject of "Mechanical Equivalent of Heat".

you are a lucky boy Rusty...can we later have a debate on different areas of the book:yum::yum::yum:

Quite possibly. Book may be sold already, though :brows: