• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Grilled burger, macaroni salad & steamed veggies...no bread, because SOMEBODY hasn't made burger buns in a long time. Slacker...
yum.gif

Attached Images
attachment.php

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made some tuna salad this morning to pack for my work dinner, RyKrisp crackers, 2 cuties (mandarins) and a vanilla yogurt.
Today is also the beginning of Nurses Week.
We all got treated to hot fudge sundaes made by "the suits" in the conference room. :smile:

Umberto

I subbed a SPED class today and the teacher's lounge was loaded with fruit and pastry. I had my share, just wish they had a coffee pot.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
b/s chicken chests on the grill pan, brushed with italian dressing, and asparagus seasoned with butter, garlic and parsley salt...light dinner and very delicious.
Single scoop strawberry cone later.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
p'rogies! (ricotta/spinach)~

Attachments

• blakemedine15.jpg
    blakemedine15.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 71

Umberto

I'm hungry for some pirogies but they're hard to find locally.

Last night I grilled pork tenderloins, baked a potatoe, and steamed fresh spinach leaves. The stems were the toughest I've had ever but the leaves were excellent.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Whopper Jr. value meal. Too lazy to cook since it was 86 degrees at dinner time. Too cheap tpo turn on the A/C this early.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hungry for some pirogies but they're hard to find locally.

Last night I grilled pork tenderloins, baked a potatoe, and steamed fresh spinach leaves. The stems were the toughest I've had ever but the leaves were excellent.
i'll buy pierogies homemade @ a 'lil mkt.,-- or nearby grocers usually have 'em--so different than those overwhelming places where shoes & batteries, toys & pets may be found, as well as food. where someone may well get lost. bars sell plenty, too. w/ these many Grandmas/Aunts to pass thier recipes onto others in their family, is great to know that they can make 'em, too, then bring us her recipes.
wanna know my dinner-- there wasn't one. we lost power fer quite a few hrs.; i could not see an open place, & i'll avoid opening my fridge during storms. i'll look to get a good, full morning meal in.
good times.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Pan fried cubed steaks and rice-a-roni. Had an instant breakfast milkshake for desert.

Umberto

We used to call cube steaks "minute steaks". One of these days will try making one for breakfast (chicken fried) with sausage gravy.

Tonight it's Italian subs, Cheetos, and root beer.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good eats tonight.
Remind me never to take a certain friend to a Japanese restaurant.
Ms Picky Shit couldn't make up her mind what to eat, then finally got hibachi chicken, then proceeded to bitch about cucumber being in her vegetable mix.
Should have seen her face when I took my chopsticks and picked up a little wasabi to mix in with the soy sauce.
Then she wanted to know what 'that stuff' was...
Pickled ginger anyone? :rolleyes: lol

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i bought makins fer BLT's a few ago. may make soup, too. (tomato) late dinner--

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the grocery store then realized I only had $6.00 on me. Bought Curtiss a marrow bone and went home. Didn't feel like making a trip to the bank for more cash. I'll have breakfast tomorrow.

Umberto

That's too bad, I just threw out some marrow bones I was going to roast but didn't get to.

I'll be doing cedar plank chinook salmon on the grill tonight along with an aureola salad from the CSA and some shrimp cocktail with marie rose sauce.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
That's too bad, I just threw out some marrow bones I was going to roast but didn't get to.

I'll be doing cedar plank chinook salmon on the grill tonight along with an aureola salad from the CSA and some shrimp cocktail with marie rose sauce.
Sounds good. I'd love to sample some of your cooking.

Had bad, overpriced Chinese last night in South Dayton...recommended by the young female clerk at the hotel. I didn't that her recommendation was for shit, because she's not old enough to have eaten really good Chinese. Thankfully I brought a bag of my homemade granola to fill the void. Hotel "free breakfast" this morning was worth exactly what they charged for it. I've never seen scrambled eggs with such a bizarre texture (almost crumbled and very dry), nor sausage with such a peculiar flavor and fragrance. Pitched it all and had a couple containers of yogurt with granola mixed in. The coffee was very good, so it wasn't a total loss.

Just got back from Dayton an hour ago, and just had a turkey sammie for dinner. 4-1/2 hours of driving left me without a big appetite. Rained most of the way, with periods of driving rain that took the speeds to under 30 mph. Need to take a walk to clear my head.

Umberto

That's what I did - ate in last night.

I did the gulf prawns in the Old Bay method, cedar planked Chinook I caught last summer and used alder for smoke. The marie rose was a wonderful compliment to the prawns, too.

IMG_5018.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5023.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

K

kcvet

That's what I did - ate in last night.

I did the gulf prawns in the Old Bay method, cedar planked Chinook I caught last summer and used alder for smoke. The marie rose was a wonderful compliment to the prawns, too.

IMG_5018.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5023.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

prawns are the same as Shrimp right?? and I luv boiled/spiced shrimp. i can eat em by the pound ........slurp :smile:

Umberto

Yes, one and the same, these were wild gulf shrimp and won't buy farm raised. This was a pound - I remember the days when we'd go to all you can eat places and I'd eat 2-3 pounds of shrimp and a steak on the side, no more. :sad:

K

kcvet

Yes, one and the same, these were wild gulf shrimp and won't buy farm raised. This was a pound - I remember the days when we'd go to all you can eat places and I'd eat 2-3 pounds of shrimp and a steak on the side, no more. :sad:

same here. we used to go to all you can eat. and i tried to eat it all !!! also i remember going to fisherman's warf in Frisco. a lot !!! you brought it right off the fishing boats and ate it right there. i can do 3-5 lbs just by myself !!!

http://www.fishermanswharf.org/

now im tempted to change the menu tonite :yum:

Umberto

That salad - is it the one with vinegar or the creamy sauce? I like them both but prefer the creamy one.

Pretty soon the CSA will be awash with cukes and need some new ideas.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That salad - is it the one with vinegar or the creamy sauce? I like them both but prefer the creamy one.

Pretty soon the CSA will be awash with cukes and need some new ideas.

I like the creamy too, but this was the one with equal parts white vinegar and water (1/2 c each) a little sugar, an onion, 2 large cukes.

Sometimes I've used oil instead of the water and it's still very nice.

Umberto

I did t-bones on the grill with cherry for smoke, baked potato, and lobster tails. The wine was an inexpensive Chile pinot noir that was excellent.

DSCN7189_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]