• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

those annoying..

working woman

Site Supporter
piss ants! They are driving me nuts! The little things have found there way into the kitchen. Does anybody know of a good solution that works?
I have had no luck with terror, and have been told that they have grown a resistance to that product.:smileywac
So does anybody of a product that does work?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Permethrin might work but you need to re-apply it every so often.

It's also used to kill fleas so it might be good with the dogs around.

American Woman

Site Supporter
An old wive's tale here, and a lot of people do it.....put fresh cucumber peels around where they are. I've never done it.....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Try looking here for some help.

Also what we use to use outside and it did control them inside as we destroyed them before they got to the house was Diazinon and I think there is some other items with different names. Just run down to Wal-mart or other Big Box stores. The Diazinon you would just spread around the outside along the house foundation.

Example here.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Cinnamon sprinkled down if you know exactly where they are coming from.
They won't cross over it.

If all else fails, get a bug bomb and leave for a few hours.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
There is an assortment of powders that you can use, Diazinon being one of them that you sprinkle outside the house before they get in, and it kills them. Raid also has a spray that you can use inside that you put on their trails and it kills them also when they track though it and take it back and share it with the "Homies".

I had some "Clear Sugar syrup stuff" that I got at an old hardware store that was probably illegal for about forty years with Cyanide in it, but they had it on the shelf for at least that long. I bought it and put about a drop on a piece of cardboard and repeated that all over the house and outside. They are suppose to eat it and go back to the "Farm" and share it. Needless to say the next morning when I went downstairs, it looked like the kids had spilled raisins all over the floor... It was about a thousand dead ants....:thumb:

Pretty much killed that problem and I used the Diazinon outside from then on with no problems, but you may not be able to get it any more...

http://entweb.clemson.edu/pesticid/issues/diazinon.htm

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
WW, I've used this product to control those critters .(the liquid ant baits)
http://www.terro.com/
It takes a while to eliminate them ,but it is very effective .
It's basically a borax/syrup mixture ,so it's safe around Human and pets .