• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

THIOKOL MASTER CYLINDERS

dennytodd

SUPER Site Supporter
Hello,
Does anyone have a cross reference to a car/year that uses the same master cylinders as my Thiokol Spryte? My early 1960’s steering cylinders are WAGNER FE 14022.
Thanks,
Denny Todd

59muskeg

If you have a good Napa store nearby they should be able to cross it,if you are shure of the wagner casting no. I will check for you tomorro,and see if i can give you a napa part no. Doug

59muskeg

The Wagner master cylinder No.FE 14022 is a Napa part No.14021 my cost $129.00 this is a complete cylinder, The rebuild kit for this master cylinder is Napa No.1 my cost $17.38 it includes all internals and the large external rubber boot.Both parts are available,I just rebuilt two of them. Make sure your cylinder bore is not pitted or scored.Also you should hone it out good.Dont forget that there is a large rubber gasket at the base of the bore,that will need to be replaced,the kit comes with a new one. good luck Doug H

59muskeg

Tell me where the cover on your differential is? is it on the top or on the back? this will tell me what diff you have and i will then know what you need for slave cylinders. A friend of mine,Pat makes excellant replacement slave cylinders for the oc12 differential,i highly recomend them. Doug H Pat is a member of this fourum,he goes by snowcat Pat,if you need to contact him,i can also give you his no.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I just recieved a set of SNOWCAT PAT Stainless Steel Slave Cylinders. I will only use his replacements for now on! Incredable!

59muskeg

Yes, I also just installed a set of Pats slave cylinders,I am more than happy with them,they work great,and no leaks,plus they wont rust up!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
What I would LOVE to see next from SNOWCAT PAT is for him to make a set of Stainless Steel Master cylinders! Man talk about the perfect brake system! Then run Stainless steel hard lines and you are done for life! I would also like to see if he in the mean time could make a set of Stanless steel caps for the Master cylinders. Machine the with a Large nut type protrusion on the top like on my Supe Imp 1-1/8" wrench needed to loosen them. That would be excellent. I would by 3 sets today if he had them! If he could machine a groove into the the cap that would accept an O-ring then that would eliminate the constant leaking that occurs. Even though it is minute it still happens to some degree. Next year I will be replacing all of my Slave cylinders on my other two Thiokols. I hope he has some other new items I can buy then! Hint hint.