• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello from the Bombardier Capital

cranman

Hello from Manitoba. I live in Cranberry Portage in north central Manitoba just about 175 miles south of the KING. Our town has about 200 families but we have about 30 bombardiers here so we call ourselves the Bombardier Capital of Manitoba.:yankchain: Many an old machine has been reserected here and it is good to see that this site also can be a great help to anyone who owns a tracked vehicle..

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Cranman. Its pretty amazing that your small community has saved 30 of the old Bombardier units. We have at least one or two members here who have a Bombardier snowbus, but not as their primary machine. Which model do you own?

Welcome to the Snowcat area at the ForumsForums. We are obviously a small part of a larger general discussion forum but we are very active group here. And we have plenty of room for more members. While you are here, look around at the other areas. We also have discussions on tractors, cars, yard projects, building & remodeling, 4-wheeling, and all sorts of other things (even politics & religion get discussed in the Debate area if you are brave enough to enter that area).

There is a PHOTO GALLERY where you are welcome to post large photos, create photo albums, etc. The PHOTO GALLERY can also host short movie clips as well as downloadable PDF files.

I presume you found us from my post at the http://www.northerntracks.com/ website? One of our Canadian members posted a link to that discussion forum which is how I found that site. The main page has some parts links that may help a lot of snowcat owners of any brand.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Cranman!!! Cool username! :thumb: :D

I'm glad you found us here on ForumsForums.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well just a little update on these very cool Bombardier Snow Buses, I received a manual for a Bombardier B12 in the mail the other day. :cool2: It will be added to the DVD-R disk with all the other manuals.

cranman

Well that's great Bob. All of us know how important the proper manufacturers manual can be when rebuilding or maintaining our machines. I have a 1953 metal narrow guage bombardier which a friend found for me abandoned at a farm site near Lake Manitoba. I sent away for the brochures/manuals offered by the Bombardier Museum in Quebec (that I learned about on this site) and am hoping to receive them soon. Lots of winter left up here so hope to get quite a few more trips in before the snow melts.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
cranman said:
All of us know how important the proper manufacturers manual can be when rebuilding or maintaining our machines. I have a 1953 metal narrow guage bombardier which a friend found for me abandoned at a farm site near Lake Manitoba.
Well from what I can tell, the recreational snowcat users group is a pretty small group of dedicated winter loving lunatics who have wives that are very tolerant of our useless hobby. . . but if we all band together then we can share a lot of knowledge and learn even more about something that was obsolete 30, 40 or 50 years ago :smileywac

We are due for a winter storm over the next 36 hours. I'm hoping for 12" of fresh snow, but I'll settle for whatever I can get!

P

Pigtails

So, Ice Queen and Pixie, do you have any input on this???:hide:
So, welcome Cranman, post often and all of us like pics too.. (of the snow cats of course!!:hide: )

Last edited: