• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What, Where and how

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Because of my seizures I have some memory loss. Besides that this stuff has been sitting around for years. Because of this I had forgotten I have these books.
After her husband died a friend of my mom's gave me a bunch of books and stuff that belonged to her husband.
Today I was going through my back bedroom. Has litter boxes, storage and junk. It has dozens (hundreds maybe) books. I was looking through a huge bookcase to see what I wanted to keep or get rid of.
I ran across a couple dozen Time Life (hard back) books. Other than being dusty, they are in pristine condition. I may have the complete set of WW 2 books. They were printed in 1977. And I have some others like that set.
I need to find it again- (I stuck it back in a book) the envelope with the receipt in it.
Now these are beautiful books. Some like them a being sold for $200 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/World-War-II-39-Set/dp/B000MC7H4I

Okay here is my question. This man's daughter just happened to run across me on a neighborhood Forum months ago. She was a good friend of my late brother.
She has multiple sclerosis and is married to a loser. They don't have much money.
Her mom was P.O. ed at her for being a "wild child" (like my late brother); when her husband died. I'm sure that's why she gave me the books (rather than their daughter).
I really would like to give her the books to sell but her husband is a flake. She has multiple sclerosis.This is a neurological disorder. So I'm worried that if I give her the books she wouldn't get the value that they are worth. Her husband would probably piss any value away.
I don't know how Amazon or Ebay work but I'm thinking of selling the books and giving her the money. Of course to her husband I'm a stranger.
I'm not sure what I should do.

Last edited:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think you're on the right track in your last paragraph. Ask around your friends to see if one of them can help you sell them online. If the sale goes through then inform her of it and tell her you will keep the money and give it to her as needed so as to keep it out of hubby's sight. It would be great if she kept the knowledge of it away from him which might be hard to do not knowing anything about their relationship as far as money is concerned.
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Thx, that might be a good idea just to see if I can sell them and give her the money. I'm going to have to look them over closely to see exactly what I have. I didn't count to see if I have the whole set of the WW 2 books.
If i don't have the whole set they probably aren't worth much.
There are also some nice illustrated history books, about pirates and that kind of thing.