• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Forums Forums Daily Trivia Contest

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thought some of you guys might like this. A Forums Forums Daily Trivia contest that keeps score and a running total. You do have to sign up to play but I think you'll find it worth it if you like trivia.

Try it out at:
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=100905

Note, time to complete does matter and figure into your score.

Please share your thoughts on this, yay or nay.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: New Daily Trivia Contest

It is set up for General knowledge. Today I got all 10 right in 147 seconds to end up with a score of 853.

I can set the questions to be harder, but for now we are playing the default set of questions.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my thoughts-
-that place rocks; i've made a few quizzes on there, myself
-i'm too sleepy to test my mind @ this point.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish that place allowed do-overs. Just as I started the damn cat started choking on a hairball and barfed on my lap! The timer
kept going while I was cleaning the chair and changing, so my time looks like a geological era. :sad:

Fun place, though.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I know chit happens. I had no idea time was part of the equation. Makes sense though, a good way to grade. Tomorrows another day. I bet you'll kick butt.

Pretty Flamingo

I play Trivia on another site I belong to. At the end of the month all scores are added together by the system and there is the grading in the Hall of Fame for that month (and previous months) which you find in the link at the top of the page. Often the questions come up again every few weeks, although I never seem to learn! We need to remember to play every single day to get the best in ratings, and also to play as fast as possible.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And this game cuts no slack. We'll all learn and do better as we get used to it. I can't get to the site from my day job, so I have to wait until tonight to give it a shot.

Good luck everyone. I hope you'll try it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We now have a list showing yesterdays top scores, that will be updated every day on FF entry page:

http://www.forumsforums.com/

I see we have a member 'everwet'. :yum: Which one of you dirty old men picked that name? :yum: :yum: :poke:

And all should see a image tied to a link to the daily trivia game near the top right of all forum pages. If you don't see it let me know which style you are using.

Here is what the image looks like (without the link):

Attachments

• FFTrivia2.jpg
    FFTrivia2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 298

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I see the image/link Doc. And no I'm not everwet. That could be a female too :yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now Jerry, do you really think any of our classy woman members would pick a name like that? :yum: I'd sure bet against it being a woman.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I misread another question today.

How can anyone read, understand and answer 10 questions in 36 freekin' seconds?????

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They have to be speed reading, but to do that and get 9 or 10 right is downright impressive. I read them and think a bit and answer and I've been consistently 135 to 145 seconds. Over a minute longer than our speed reader. :eek: All that extra time and I still missed 3 today.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know how they do it either. I thought I was pretty quick on the mouse but still took 130 seconds today.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I gotta speed up a little - the time-thing is killing me. :ermm:

You??? Your still number one or right up there close. I've tried reading faster and I make mistakes by misreading, but my time is still 30 seconds or more than yours.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
OK. I aced it today in 97 seconds.

That's the first time I've aced it and the first time I've been under a 100 seconds. I must be getting better at this.

It's also the closest to speed reading that I can get. I was going so fast my eyeball have scorch marks on them. :biggrin::biggrin:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, no scroll wheel on my laptop, plus a smaller screen than my desktop it does take me longer.
8 right today and one I had right and changed it, the other I thought on to much and talked myself right out of the right answer. :pat:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I missed the soccer question. It was after my time in the UK and I guessed wrong.

Hey DS, you whipped through the thing today!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who's NCracing? He or she is tearing through them too. :thumb: :clap: :clap:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I missed the soccer question. It was after my time in the UK and I guessed wrong.

Hey DS, you whipped through the thing today!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Indeed! And it cost me a missed question. :sad: I'm going to go back to a slightly slower pace and try to keep the accuracy up.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1st of the month is the perfect time to join us in trivia. This game keeps a running total of your points all month long and the top five for the month go on the hall of fame for Feb 2013. If you miss a day that gives others a chance to gain points on you.
Come on over and join the fun. Click the Trivia button near the top right of your screen. You do have to sign up with a user name and valid email. User name can be the same as here or something totally different. Your call.