• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I'm so done with "green"

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly, speaking of funny,,,,

I couldn't help but laugh at the curious coincidence with your sig

lol, funny stuff, dangerous but funny. :shifty:

I do hope it doesn't come to that.:w00t2:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well , plans were approvedby the building dept. today.
No, not the Douglas County guys,,,,the wife.

I have all the materials on site except the roof, which we are still debating. I want steel, she wants shingles.

That, some hardware for the sliding doors and 15 ton of gravel. As soon as I get 120 feet of 8/3 AGW in the ground, we are on the way.

Now all I need is good weather and some time.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well , plans were approvedby the building dept. today.
No, not the Douglas County guys,,,,the wife.

I have all the materials on site except the roof, which we are still debating. I want steel, she wants shingles.

That, some hardware for the sliding doors and 15 ton of gravel. As soon as I get 120 feet of 8/3 AGW in the ground, we are on the way.

Now all I need is good weather and some time.

Well, time for an update.

Weather and children have gotten in the way.
I finally got the stumps out but have not yet buried the Electric cable. We are hooked up to the main power, but the cable is laying on the ground.

house is on hold,,,,,Barn is going up a stick at a time. Roof material will be steel,,,,Yippie. Turns out actualy priced competitive to shingles once we calculated sheathing and labor. $3500.00 vrs $2200 total material costs. Steel is more but, steel is for 50 years.

Because of the weather we haven't been to the place in five weeks. So the project is way behind.

I spent a week in CT helping my son. Poor guy cannot do anything strenuios with his legs without pain. We built 16' X 12' garden boxes and hauled hand dug dirt to them in wheel barrow sized dump cart. 30 loads @ three cubic foot per box.

He's forty on daily oxycotin. I'm 68 on Glenfidditch. Perhaps home remedies are best?

Funny, you always expect your kids to help you out when you get older.

I watch Squerly's project grow like a weed and by comparison, I have accomplished relatively nada. :whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I know but I thought when I got to be this age I would have more time. Seems I have less time than ever now.

Maybe because at this age, I move so much slower!:whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I know but I thought when I got to be this age I would have more time. Seems I have less time than ever now.

Maybe because at this age, I move so much slower!:whistling:

Retirement = more time off = NONSENSE.

As for the age thing, I don't know what to say. I do know that it just took me 2 days to set 25 fence posts. I can remember when I could do that in the morning and be wondering what I was going to do to fill in the afternoon. In reality, it might be a case of the older we get the bigger, stronger, faster and better looking we used to be. I was boogered. It was 90+ degrees, humid as hell and not a breath of air. It might just be easier to pay someone to this stuff. Nah, no fun in that.

Keep at it old man. Persevere and win out. Take comfort in the fact that they limit the amount of pharmaceuticals you can have at one time but there's no limit on the Glenfiddich. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Retirement = more time off = NONSENSE.

Take comfort in the fact that they limit the amount of pharmaceuticals you can have at one time but there's no limit on the Glenfiddich. :yum:

Words to live by.
I am encouraged by the news.
Thanks for the up beat response.:clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If this is retirement, I want to go back to work! I have so little time of my own lately.

Dad is 90 and refuses to move so I have his house to keep repaired and Yard to prune, mow and rake. My son is building green houses and re flooring his house, from his wheel chair ,ant to put a cap on it, our business has exploded. All of this was supposed to go away last July when we were closing shop, selling off and building our place in Ava MO.

Not so.

The Dozer backhoe hasn't moved in 6 months. The pipe and wire lays on the ground with no trench from the power pole to the house site. All the lumber sleeps under tarps that are becoming threadbare from exposure. We haven't been there but twice in the last four months.:hammer:

Winter storms have eclipsed any trips since before Thanksgiving. Were we general contracting, it would be different. But I want to dig every hole, lay every stone and drive every nail, myself. So, we start again next year after the holiday trip to Connecticut.

At least the material is there. now, if I can just find a way to be there myself.:whistling:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Again....Hang in there franc....it will all work out....all things happen for a reason :biggrin: as for me ..some times someone has to wack me over the head to get my attention so I can see the reason!!! :shifty: Some one once said...Pease..Be...Still.......