• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is the last day for my horse. She is 27 years old, and has a terminal condition, in her left front leg. The Veterinarian will be here at 10:00 for her. I have a grave dug already..

Then moving corn to market. It will be a sad day indeed..

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is the last day for my horse. She is 27 years old, and has a terminal condition, in her left front leg. The Veterinarian will be here at 10:00 for her. I have a grave dug already..

Regards, Kirk
Awww, hugs Kirk.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Needed some routine blood tests done. My doctor has an office on the other side of town. Also has one on the other side of the county. I rode my wife's motorcycle to the other side of the county ... conveniently had to pass by the cigar lounge on my way home so I stopped off to hang with the regulars after my blood tests.

I have not set any tile today. But I am working on the layout for some of the areas that need lots of tile cutting. I want to set up a production line for cutting some of the repetitive cuts. Planning takes longer than cutting and installing. But planning makes it go much smoother with lots less swearing.

Regards, Kirk

Very sorry for the loss. I know that some people say pets are not family but, in real terms, horses, dogs, cats, rabbits, etc all become loving and loved members of the family. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you and your family.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Our meeting with the cheating Vendor/Strategic partner ended well. No blood, no bodies to bury just sincere apology. Seems they got called to the principle's office and told to fix it.

Bottom line,,,; The owner of the chicken processing company came to my plant in his corporate jet. Standing on the Tarmac at midnight, with his jet engines warming up, he made a deal and a promise. He shook my hand on it over eight years ago. We have never seen a PO, just his handshake. They violated that trust. His trust. He fixed it.

How often, in big business, do you see that?

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

How often, in big business, do you see that?

That is the RIGHT way to do business. It is fairly rare but not unheard of. It is also awesome that you built that relationship and trust and he upheld it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The man and his twin brother are generation four of a family that built the business from a produce stand in the 1920's. About 35 years old, he is not your typical rich kid. If you were to meet him or his brother, or just about any of his managers, you would not believe how well off they are.

They work
They are honest
Completely fair minded
Their word is golden.

…..take it to the bank.

My wife and I feel blessed and honored to count them as friends.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

My condolence, 2018 I dug 3 dog graves it almost killed me and I didn't have them for 27 years. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry about the horse. I can only imagine the pain of losing it. 27 years is an awful long time.

I puttered around outside between rain showers. Somehow managed to get the lawn done while waiting for friends to come visit this afternoon. The skies finally decided to open up as I was finishing up piling brush into a trailer behind the atv. I brought the Polaris home from camp the other day as it hadn't been used since last fall. I decided it would be better served at home being used around the yard.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks all for the kind words.

It was time for the horse to go, a blessing really.

The Doc did a post mortem on the left hoof, and found a large tumor that had eroded the bone above the hoof, and it was broken. The tumor was most likely a type of Cancer. He has seen it in horses before, but not down above the hoof..

Teka thought she was a dog. For several years we let her have the run of our large yard. It got to the point that at dusk, she would put herself in her hard pen for the night. First time she did that, I looked for her around 30 minutes before the wife asked if I had looked in her pen. One shine of the flash light and two eyes lit up lol... At her age they really do get smart. She used to go out by the Lincoln high way in front of the house and watch cars go by. I think she was just baiting them, as they slowed down to see her... she was saying hey there, look no fence!!!

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a meeting this afternoon at a local college to sit in on and experience a course on Dementia Live.

The exercise involves wearing goggles, headphones with music and noise, gloves and performing simple tasks per the instructor in order to feel what it's like to be in-stage.
I've been told it's a very enlightening/often frightening experience.
We shall see.
I'm looking forward to it.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Lollie,
just hang in there and you will experience what is like to be a Dem. Lib. Have a goodun!!!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi All Im headed out to the field, should get back around noon then I have some paper work and get ready to go to the cabin. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That was really something!
Lots of people attended from various healthcare facilities around the area.
I was placed in goggles that gave tunnel vision through foggy lenses.

The headphones had music and traffic noises, beeps and buzzes through one side and what sounded like 4 people talking at once in the other.

We wore food service gloves under thickish work gloves.

At the door of the room we were to enter, the instructor gave us 5 tasks to perform.
We were told when we felt a tap on the back to begin.
All I remember hearing was something about "change purse with 37 cents and hang the shirt on the green hanger".
I found the change purse, got frustrated and felt like a lost child.

So I stood in a corner quietly waiting for it to be over, vaguely being able to see the others in my group.
It felt humiliating, frightening and frustrating.
It absolutely gave me a renewed respect for those under my care.

It covered every aspect of memory loss, sight, hearing, touch and cognitive ability.
And perhaps a hint of what I myself may be like, should I ever get dementia.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
That was really something!

And perhaps a hint of what I myself may be like, should I ever get dementia.

That's good information. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not a professional; just a Veteran helping and sharing information with other Veterans. The opinion around here is that psycholigists aren't helping people out as much as they should.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's good info pg.

I slept like crap. Last time I saw the clock was 2:30am. I had physio then the second oldest had a dentist appointment. I took him to buy shoes for school then came home and built a number sign for the end of the driveway out of some of the wood left laying by the garage. This week we are building a school bus shelter for the kids. They start catching the bus at 7am on the fourth.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
up at 4:30 getting ready for the cabin trip. I will give a full report with pictures upon my return. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's nice!
This is what it will look like but with a bigger window. It's for protection from the rain snow and -30 weather in the winter.
5b80e7ddd794f976f03d393788eb7e7b.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I work today, off tomorrow - then work the weekend.
There is an apartment complex right next to where I work.
Literally right across the parking lot!

I had noticed them last year when I first hired in, thinking they were senior living apartments, because they involve the same name (name of the street actually) they are on. Duh! Lol

Anyway, lo and behold I made a call this morning asking about availability.
The very nice woman who is one of the building managers told me they have a single bedroom unit that will be ready to rent soon.
I almost screamed with joy.
She said what they normally do is go in and clean thoroughly, she said it's going to need a fresh coat of paint in the livingroom as the guy smoked.
After that, I can put down my security deposit, pay the first months rent, get the utilities put it my name, then go!
Being right there next to my job couldn't be more convenient.
So now I just wait until it's ready.
I've been praying for this for months.
Truly, I think I was meant to live alone.
It's not that I don't love being with family, but I'm a my -own -space person fo sho!

Bamby

This is what it will look like but with a bigger window. It's for protection from the rain snow and -30 weather in the winter.
5b80e7ddd794f976f03d393788eb7e7b.jpg

I'd consider more overhang above the window and door. There may be times it will be warm enough but they'll need a rain shelter. More overhang would allow them to open door and the window for decent ventilation and still be out of the rain.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to chill today after I get in some retail therapy.
The weather is perfect.
Walks x3 I think.
Life is goooood.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working this afternoon.
Been talking to tow boy son.
He's jonesin to go to wherever.. the Carolinas if the hurricane leaves it's mark.
Last time he was away for a month and 11 days.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is the day we finally get to move our new 40 foot park model RV to the lake. I have to break it down from where we set it at work and hook up to the One ton Dodge.

Cathy and Reby ( our granddaughter) will be shopping for bed sheets, cook wares, plates and other supplies to pack it up. By tonight we should be ready to haul it the 240 miles to the lake.

Most people are enjoying the labor day weekend as the last blowout of summer. We are just now able to set up for it. The Sailboat is ready and the RV will cost less than hotel rooms for the kids. Hopefully we will have some weather and time to enjoy things this fall.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Halloween at camp today. The kids are all dressed up going trailer to trailer collecting treats. We do it every labor day.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going about 160 miles north of here to Lake Okoboji, Iowa. One brother lives there and the other one and I are going to meet there. We'll be boating about four lakes, which are linked together. It will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.