• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

69 tucker 442

slowrider

Guys can you help me out on this.I have been looking for a bombi/sw48 on the east coast and haven't come up with anything.What were they asking before and what is something like this worth? I have been a mechanic since 1973 and have worked on a lot of different pieces of equipment but nothing like this.Is there something I should really look for?The reason I am even thinking of this is because it is in Pa and I live in Pa.But again any help on a Bombi For Sale Would Be Appreciated.THANKS

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Frame up really doesn't matter. Frame down is critical. If you look at other threads, pontoons can be rebuilt. The turn tables can typically be repaired if needed. But the rollers are the most important thing to look at. There are (should be) 248 of them on a 442. A lucky few, myself included, only have 240 since the tracks are worn / 'stretched' and one grouser has been removed to shorten track. If the machine has 10-20 bad rollers, you may be able to track down replacements or pay to have some machined. More than that then you need to consider your wallet (or reduce the up front price). Originals are no longer produced and are protected like golden eggs for that reason. The average cost I've seen here of people trying to machine them is around $40. Each. So, you can see where that can add up quickly. But if they get their regular greasing on time, they won't be a problem.

What do you plan on using it for?

why do you think you need a bombi or sw----------what are you looking to do with it depending on what you want to do there might be better choices

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Posted a nice bombi project in New York yesterday.

Wasn't this tucker listed for a crazy price before with some pics looked like track issues?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Posted a nice bombi project in New York yesterday.

Wasn't this tucker listed for a crazy price before with some pics looked like track issues?

Yes- I tried to find it quickly w/ no luck. Maybe a couple of broken grouser roller mount tabs?