• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dec 5 is "Repeal Prohibition Day" and my Dr prescribed whiskey

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is the anniversary of the repeal of prohibition.

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/banter/i-talked-to-my-doctor-and-he-prescribed-whiskey/#.WEXQm3eZPsn
I Talked to my Doctor and He Prescribed Whiskey

January 16, 1919, was a dark day for America. The 18th Amendment passed, prohibiting the manufacture, sale, and transportation of intoxicating liquors in the United States. The Volstead Act was then passed to lay out the guidelines for enforcing the 18th Amendment. On January 16, 1920, America went dry. Well, it went mostly dry.

What a sad day that had to have been! People watched as barrels and barrels of liquid sunshine were dumped into the sewers, never to be enjoyed by a single soul.

I Talked to my Doctor and He Prescribed Whiskey B

Like many laws that strip freedom of the people to do what they enjoy, exceptions and exemptions existed. Physicians were allowed to prescribe to patients limited amounts of whiskey. As you would suspect, to get a prescription filled, you had to go to a pharmacist. That being said, a pharmacist would have to obtain said medicinal whiskey from a distillery, which meant distilleries needed to remain open.

A total of six distilleries were granted licenses to distil whiskey. The rest were shuttered or converted to other purposes.

Can you imagine what obtaining whiskey be like in today’s America if Prohibition was still in place?

I am thirsty, and I’m at home. I plop down in front of the TV to relax. Low and behold, a commercial comes on, and it goes a little something like this:

Do you find yourself stressed out at the end of your day? Do you have trouble relaxing? Are you irritable and frequently experience difficulty socializing with others? If so, Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey may be the answer. Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey has been found to help people unwind and pull the stick out of their butts. Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey also helps break the ice in those awkward social situations. Results happen in as little as 15 minutes. Studies have shown some people may experience significant relaxation, leading to unplanned, immediate sleep, or an uncontrollable urge to say, “I love you, man!” to everyone they come in contact with. In extreme cases, excess use of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey may lead to hugging your toilet all night. People should not drive or operate heavy machinery while under the influence of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey. Be sure to ask your doctor if Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey is right for you.

Now we’re talking! Time to call a doctor and make an appointment so I can get a prescription.

“Hi, this is Jeff. I’m trying to make an appointment with Dr. J. Beam. I’m just really stressed all the time and would like to see him as soon as possible… What? Six weeks? Argh!!!! [Sigh] Okay.”

Six long, arduous weeks pass, and I’m finally able to see Dr. Beam. I explain that I’m stressed out, I’m having trouble relaxing, I’m sometimes irritable, and I experience difficulty socializing with others.

“Hey doc, I heard about this thing called Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey. Might that be right for me?”

Dr. Beam says, “Sure! Let me write you a prescription!” . . .

Read the FULL article at the link above, I only provided part of the article for your enjoyment.